• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Would the recommendation go the other way? Because I really like BH but never saw Archer.
    Archer is great.

Comment

Would the recommendation go the other way? Because I really like BH but never saw Archer.
      Indeed. They are both worth watching.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Just watch new tv show "Contagion" looks good, let's see if they can keep it up for E2.

sometimes the pilot looks good, but goes down hill after that.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
          Just watch new tv show "Contagion" looks good, let's see if they can keep it up for E2.

sometimes the pilot looks good, but goes down hill after that.
          It's the opposite for me. I give up on things if I'm not gripped after the first couple of episodes.

Things I've given up on so far this year:

How to Get Away with Murder
          Jessica Jones
          Daredevil

I've reached the conclusion that the superhero thing just ain't my bag.

Comment

I must admit I like some brain out superhero stuff but the plots do tend to be a bit think compared to the non superhero stuff.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I must admit I like some brain out superhero stuff but the plots do tend to be a bit think compared to the non superhero stuff.
              No matter how tight the corner they're in, you know their superhuman powers will get the out of it. Leads to some very unimaginative script writing.

Anyone watched Marco Polo? Ep 1 looked OK....

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                No matter how tight the corner they're in, you know their superhuman powers will get the out of it. Leads to some very unimaginative script writing.

Anyone watched Marco Polo? Ep 1 looked OK....
                Absolutely. Game of Thrones nailed the 'oh tulip I didn't expect that' story line. Hopefully others will start to catch on.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Archer is great.
                  Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  Indeed. They are both worth watching.
                  I quite like it after a few episodes although why do they work for ISIS? Is it deliberate or a historical coincidence (no idea how old the show is)?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I quite like it after a few episodes although why do they work for ISIS? Is it deliberate or a historical coincidence (no idea how old the show is)?
                    Archer is a few episodes into season 7, so was around as ISIS before the wider connotations.

They have actually ditched the name in later seasons but in a more creative way than you might imagine.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                      The Goldbergs - cracking show. Anyone watch it ?
                      Will take a look at S1 - thanks.
                      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                      X