• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office Canteens

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LeberKäse is quite excellent especially if its made well with a nice crust. Fleischkäse is also very nice. For the Scots here maybe Saumagen might be up your street

Also remember that after a large German meal you are obliged to have a schnapps
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      LeberKäse is quite excellent especially if its made well with a nice crust. Fleischkäse is also very nice. For the Scots here maybe Saumagen might be up your street

Also remember that after a large German meal you are obliged to have a schnapps
      Are there any other sizes of German meal?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Can't remember any previous ClientCo having a good canteen, several didn't have any at all.

At one gig the ClientCO paid for food if a meeting was booked over lunchtime, as you can imaging all the meeting rooms were booked every day and the pizza delivery came in a van.

Free beer in Belgium was a nice touch but only ever indulged in on Friday afternoons.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Hmmm current clientco usually has:

2 types of tinned soup
          Some random salad with lots of leaves and very little meat or veg
          Some tinned salads for the salad bar
          A selection of frozen deep fried Dutch food
          And of course lots of bread, meat and cheese to make your own sarnies
          Some large chunks of fruit to fit into a tiny bowl that they overcharge you for

It all tastes cak and costs a small fortune.

It doesn't help that there's nowhere to get summat to eat locally as the office is in the ar$e end of nowhere.

Citentcos in London had way better canteens with much better selections, and at least the salad bars had fresh veg.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Apparently, the Natwest tower restaurants used to be good. Silver service for the directors...

My experience has been slightly more lacklustre.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Hmmm current clientco usually has:

2 types of tinned soup
              Some random salad with lots of leaves and very little meat or veg
              Some tinned salads for the salad bar
              A selection of frozen deep fried Dutch food
              And of course lots of bread, meat and cheese to make your own sarnies
              Some large chunks of fruit to fit into a tiny bowl that they overcharge you for

It all tastes cak and costs a small fortune.

It doesn't help that there's nowhere to get summat to eat locally as the office is in the ar$e end of nowhere.

Citentcos in London had way better canteens with much better selections, and at least the salad bars had fresh veg.
              Is that in the Hague nextdoor to TNT Post?

If so, walk 200 metres up the road to this place;
              La Fortuna - Bistro Restaurant in Den Haag op iens.nl - Overzicht

It's not posh, but simple, straightforward home cooking, and very friendly. Alternative is Het Pleidooi. about 5 minutes walk in the same direction on adelheidstraat Het Pleidooi | Restaurant Het Pleidooi . Not much choice, but tasty pasta, usually either with salmon or chicken; I prefer the chicken.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                WHY do they have to be so tulip?
                Yeah would get a bit repetitive, I always wondered, do you get your lunch free when you work for Mcdonalds? I know you only pick up the litter outside and are funded by the local councils hire a retard scheme, so probably not eh?

Comment

Working...
                X