• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will you be paying for F1?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    Being a "proper" contractor, when I am not working I am out at prestigious events or enjoying fine dining. Alternatively I am off enjoying a well earned break in some exotic foreign location. I therefore have no need for "all the sport in the world in HD and even 3D".
    No problem each to their own, if you don't like sport that fine, doesn't mean your a pansy or anything.

Comment

No I won't be getting Sky. It's far too expensive just for F1 and I don't want to line Bernie and Murdoch's pockets even more.

The basic plan is to find an internet stream and listen to Radio 5 Live for the commentary. RTL do provide a stream but I will probably need to find a German proxy.
      Looking at the race calendar it seems the BBC got a pretty crappy deal (no Hungary or Germany). Personally I'd have preferred it if they'd swapped Monaco for one of them.

I hope Martin Brundle stays with the BBC as his one liners are class.
      You can record Red Button programmes and my Freeview service does show Sky Sports 1 & 2 channels (with a top-up card).
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        No problem each to their own, if you don't like sport that fine, doesn't mean your a pansy or anything.
        Where did I say I don't like sport? I said I have no need for extra packages of it on my TV.
        Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Where did I say I don't like sport? I said I have no need for extra packages of it on my TV.
          I like football, but where else can I watch HD Premiership football live? If I had another option I would dump sky. Might think about just watching MOTD, it isn't the same though.

Comment

I like football, but where else can I watch HD Premiership football live?
            The pub?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I like football, but where else can I watch HD Premiership football live? If I had another option I would dump sky. Might think about just watching MOTD, it isn't the same though.
              At your seat/box at Old Trafford, Anfield, Wembley or <insert ground of choice>.
              Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Why not get Sky? If you want to be able to watch any decent sport these days you need Sky Sports. HD premiership and champions league football for example.
                Kickball is no longer sport, I sure as hell ain't paying not to watch several hundred hours of posturing ninnies. And I can live without England's RFU home games as well, until they start playing entertaining rugby, plus all that Americanised carp they serve up.

For F1, it depends what the end package is. They've said it's a dedicated channel, with no adverts during the races, which is nice, but I still think we'll get screens of "interesting" technical detail and analysis - which is one reason I gave up trying to watch football. I'm not really interested in "But what if..." analyses

So I'll probably wind up grumbling at the repeat highlights. Bah..
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

At your seat/box at Old Trafford, Anfield, Wembley or <insert ground of choice>.
                  I live in Glasgow, but before you say, go watch Celtic or Rangers, Scottish Football is absoultely brutal to watch.

Comment

I resent being treated as a "sport fan" because I like one sport. But at least with a dedicated channel Sky won't be rushing off the air, or changing over to BBC2 so that some low-brow chavvy "talent" show can start.

You can't record the red button with Sky+/HD, but watching practice now on 301 on Freeview. So I guess I could record that if I spent £250 on a recorder. And I've only had any Freeview (and then only half of it) for 2 months.

What pisses me off is that I have iPlayer on my TV, but the BBC won't put the F1 practice on it (although it is on the PC version).
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

So hook your laptop output to the TV
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X