• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will you be paying for F1?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So hook your laptop output to the TV
    So now I have to buy a new laptop with HDMI output? The Sky option is looking ever cheaper.

I hadn't watched the Freeview red button before, but the picture and sound quality is really poor. Now watching it via Sky, and both are much much better.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      I hadn't watched the Freeview red button before, but the picture and sound quality is really poor. Now watching it via Sky, and both are much much better.
      I'm watching it too and the quality is very good here.It's pot luck, I suppose.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

So now I have to buy a new laptop with HDMI output?
        What's wrong with VGA cable + 3.5mm lead for a cost of about £4? We do that on a cheap old crappy laptop and while it's not HD, for streaming video it works just fine on a 42" TV.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Every race you either get full BBC coverage, or extended highlights on BBC (1.5-2 hours).

That'll do for me. I can't be bothered with all the pre-race filler anyway.

Though Brundle's grid walk is sometimes a laugh when he's barging his way past other camera crews or butting in on other interviews, and arse-kissing any of Bernie's cronies or famous plebs he bumps into, which you can tell he doesn't enjoy having to do with the disinterested way he goes about it dying to get back to the drivers and the interesting stuff.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            That'll do for me. I can't be bothered with all the pre-race filler anyway.

Though Brundle's grid walk is sometimes a laugh when he's barging his way past other camera crews or butting in on other interviews, and arse-kissing any of Bernie's cronies or famous plebs he bumps into, which you can tell he doesn't enjoy having to do with the disinterested way he goes about it dying to get back to the drivers and the interesting stuff.
            He's interesting to watch because he's so quick witted, despite being in front of camera. Hardly misses anything.

Comment

Also fascinating to watch how the camera man is so good. Keeps up with MB's darts all over the place, never trips over or stumbles even with so many people in the way.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Also fascinating to watch how the camera man is so good. Keeps up with MB's darts all over the place, never trips over or stumbles even with so many people in the way.
                Yep, he's a quality act. Next year some of us will be cheering for Kai Ebel of RTL though (he of the very loud jackets) .MB has interrupted him many times over the last couple of seasons
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Well, I'll miss live F1 and MB next season. Much as I love to watch I'm not going to spend money doing so, if I was I'd go to the track instead.

Maybe a CUK day out at the races next season?
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    Yep, he's a quality act. Next year some of us will be cheering for Kai Ebel of RTL though (he of the very loud jackets) .MB has interrupted him many times over the last couple of seasons
                    And if it wasn't Kai, it was Tanja Bauer from Sky Germany - at least they will be working for the same firm now.

Comment

I probably will subscribe, especially if they're going to get Brundle and do a decent job of it. Plus they're going to show the practice sessions, which the BBC only show on the non-recordable red button.
                      What's that bit about? Do they broadcast stuff you somehow can't record?
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X