• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Red Dwarf is coming back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As has been said, I enjoyed it, much better return to form than BTE, quite a few good laugh out loud moments.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Really enjoying it, a lot more laugh out loud moments than before.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Red Dwarf comeback: Sci-Fi comedy classic returns for two more series on Dave in 2016 - Mirror Online

Two more series in 2016 and 2017

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Brill. Trouble is age of the actors. Seen Danny Joules recently in Death in Paradise and he looks ancient! Doubtless the others will be ancient too, which may be ok if the story places them in space for decades but the big problem is Kryton. how can a robot age? More makeup?

PS It's Danny John-Jules.
          Last edited by xoggoth; 2 May 2015, 21:46.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Dear god, no.

Can't they use the humane killer & put it out to grass.

Er, maybe I mixed the metaphor a bit there, sort of.
            Indeed, it was great in its day, but recycling it years down the line is just begging for it to fail.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Brill. Trouble is age of the actors. Seen Danny Joules recently in Death in Paradise and he looks ancient! Doubtless the others will be ancient too, which may be ok if the story places them in space for decades but the big problem is Kryton. how can a robot age? More makeup?

PS It's Danny John-Jules.
              PSSSSSST You do know that Red Dwarf first started 27 years ago!

After Back To Earth I was ready to write off Red Dwarf, it was dire, but RDX was a vast improvement and almost as good as its hey day

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                PSSSSSST You do know that Red Dwarf first started 27 years ago!

After Back To Earth I was ready to write off Red Dwarf, it was dire, but RDX was a vast improvement and almost as good as its hey day
                Same, and not realising this was a thread resurrection I was hugely confused by your second comment!

I wouldn't quite put it up there in heydey territory, but I really quite enjoyed RDX and I look forward to these next ones. That said, I'd love to see the old team back together (I.e., Rob Grant and Norman Lovett). I just don't think Doug Naylor is good enough by himself, to be honest.

Comment

Probably realised their collective pension schemes need a top up.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

its time for son of Dwarfers.

Jim & Bexley can take over.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                      Indeed, it was great in its day, but recycling it years down the line is just begging for it to fail.
                      Went downhill for me when Kachanski (?) became a regular.

Comment

Working...
                      X