• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here comes the forced 2 mins silence BS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    No I observed the silence, I would prefer to do it in my own time than forced into it during my working day.
    It's not like anyone talks to you anyway.

I have no problem with people being thankful for those who have gave their lives for freedom, but to be told when to think about this is to trample on the cause these people died.
    A bit like how they tell us all when to take holidays at the same time? How dare they.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

No I observed the silence, I would prefer to do it in my own time than forced into it during my working day.
      When you "knock one out" do you do it there and then wherever you are or do you wait for the coffee break BS and nip off to the gents?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        It was silent my office at home, I tuned into bbc news for the silence...
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          When you "knock one out" do you do it there and then wherever you are or do you wait for the coffee break BS and nip off to the gents?
          Never mind posting on here you, get me a new contract, there's 2% in it for you.

Comment

I have no problem with people being thankful for those who have gave their lives for freedom, but to be told when to think about this is to trample on the cause these people died.
            As has been pointed out, many of those who fought in conditions too awful for us to even begin to contemplate sacrificed their lives defending the freedoms that apes like you take for granted. You, on the other hand, are asked - not forced - to merely shut your gap-toothed pie hole for two minutes each year and you squeal as if your rights are being horribly violated.

Fu_k you and the horse you rode in on.
            You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
              As has been pointed out, many of those who fought in conditions too awful for us to even begin to contemplate sacrificed their lives defending the freedoms that apes like you take for granted. You, on the other hand, are asked - not forced - to merely shut your gap-toothed pie hole for two minutes each year and you squeal as if your rights are being horribly violated.

POTD !!
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I simply prefer to show my respect is a different way and I get this abuse, i'm sure your kind of post is exactly what those who died were fighting against.

Last edited by russell; 11 November 2011, 12:32.

Comment

Can people please stop chucking food under the bridge.

You'll only attract more of them and then they might breed.

Comment

I had a rather embarrassing moment when I failed to observe the silence a few years ago (though nothing like the OP ).

Was out and about busy doing some errands and went into the bank. Everyone was stood still and silent. I initially thought it was a hold-up.

Then the old dear behind the counter pointed to the clock and gave me a look of disgust.
                      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                      Feist - I Feel It All
                      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                      X