• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here comes the forced 2 mins silence BS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men have it pretty easy, but two minutes silence for women is no small accomplishment. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Men have it pretty easy, but two minutes silence for women is no small accomplishment. Congrats.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        No I observed the silence, I would prefer to do it in my own time than forced into it during my working day.
        With your stammer and nervous tick probably best to keep quiet most of the time.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

No I observed the silence, I would prefer to do it in my own time than forced into it during my working day.
            Well, you need to ask your supervisor if you can swap shifts so you aren't at work at 11am then don't you.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Well, you need to ask your supervisor if you can swap shifts so you aren't at work at 11am then don't you.
              he can't work nights anymore, it would mean breaking his ASBO conditions
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

I do not expect you to take part, or even try to understand. I would ask that you respect those of us who do and stop being such an arse hole.
                Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  Shouldn't be an issue for next year.......
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                    I do not expect you to take part, or even try to understand. I would ask that you respect those of us who do and stop being such an arse hole.
                    I have no problem with people being thankful for those who have gave their lives for freedom, but to be told when to think about this is to trample on the cause these people died.

Comment

I have no problem with people being thankful for those who have gave their lives for freedom, but to be told when to think about this is to trample on the cause these people died.
                      As I said before. If you do not understand then there is little hope for you.

Do you know the reason for the timing? Do you get the idea of a shared moment for everybody?

It is not enforced, it is the recognised time. It is recognised for a reason.
                      Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Working...
                      X