• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For all German CUKers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    That SAS bloke a nutter. Oye nutter.

It always surprises me the differences in attitude between those I work with here and those Londoners like SAS. A constant need to make out there's no place better than London. I'd don't fault that at all, I'd be the same how else could you live in such a dirty city polluted with so many fumes, long commutes in overcrowded overpriced trains sucking up to the rich at every turn. yuck. I'd be bitter too, make no bones about it.

In my office there are Spaniards, a French girly, 2 Italian chaps, one Austrian and the remainder German. It appears to me folks only has time to talk about our lives what's happening in family circles or where's a good place to visit in each others perspective country. It's exciting. You'll struggle to hear anyone talk about similar topics the UK media is currently ejaculating over.

This is the time of hypocrisy and SAS is it's captain.
    Oooh 'ark at Mr. Mitty. Bought that villa in Greece yet? Martin Baker called, begging you to work for them?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Try that in Erfurt or Dresden. The North of ENgland is, like the East of Germany, a deprived area.

FWIW I would, and have, happily walked around the center of London and many of its suburbs all my life.
      And almost any town in Surrey or Sussex
      Just arrived in Dresden actually with some friends and in about an hours time we'll be hitting the town for a long weekend of debauchery. Done it a few times before with nary a hint of problems such as those Ihave encountered in the UK
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Just arrived in Dresden actually with some friends and in about an hours time we'll be hitting the town for a long weekend of debauchery. Done it a few times before with nary a hint of problems such as those Ihave encountered in the UK
        Dresden is very nice actually, shouldn't be in the same list as Erfurt and Leipzig, not to mention some of the tulipholes I've seen in the East whose names I can't remember.
        I wonder what the "Florence of the Elbe" looked like prior to the bombibg.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Dresden is very nice actually, shouldn't be in the same list as Erfurt and Leipzig, not to mention some of the tulipholes I've seen in the East whose names I can't remember.
          I wonder what the "Florence of the Elbe" looked like prior to the bombibg.
          Halle an der Saale. Been there before and after the fall of the wall. Halle's only misfortune in history was that the RAF bombed Dresden instead.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I'm seeing a pattern here - anyone else see it?

He's michael o leary's favourite customer little wonder he always spends his time in eastern out of town tulipholes.

To be on a budget, I remember those days, almost. Poor people eh? Can't live with them can't shoot em, or can you???
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

And the racket has started, with a band playing close by.

I wonder what time it will go on to...
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I'm seeing a pattern here - anyone else see it?

?
                I think the answer is no, no one else sees it, since it's a product of your febrile, yet cretinous imagination.

HTH
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

T

In my office there are Spaniards, a French girly, 2 Italian chaps, one Austrian and the remainder German..
                  I just hope that war doesnt break out - your lot dont have a single win to their name
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    I just hope that war doesnt break out - your lot dont have a single win to their name
                    No yanks there eh?

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                      All questions answered here

Essentially it's a party that begins today and gathers pace towards Lent.

No you won't lose a billable day although you will most likely be expected to drink a beer and celebrate a bit.. don't wear a tie during this week !!
                      So in Germany, they stop drinking for Christmas?

How the hell do they have a reputation for seriousness and efficiency, with a party that lasts getting on for half the year?!
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X