• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For all German CUKers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Those crazy Germans with their creativity, joie-de-vivre, vivacity, flair and humour, eh?
    If you've ever been around Cologne in Karneval season I think you would agree with your statement..
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      If you've ever been around Cologne in Karneval season I think you would agree with your statement..
      And when it's not Karneval season?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

It is always Karneval season!

*** Not always the same carnival though.
        Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Then Germans are far more practical and sensible in their attitude towards getting so blind drunk they can't walk in public, pissing in the street, fighting outside bars, knowing their alcohol limits, drinking among 10,000 others during a hot summers day without the need for riot police

I find it generally makes for a far more pleasant atmosphere compared to running the gauntlet of will I won't I get a bottle in my face tonight just because I happen to out with a good looking woman looking for a drink in town, some take away food post pub and a taxi home as it feels like in many cities in the Uk.
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Then Germans are far more practical and sensible in their attitude towards getting so blind drunk they can't walk in public, pissing in the street, fighting outside bars, knowing their alcohol limits, drinking among 10,000 others during a hot summers day without the need for riot police

I find it generally makes for a far more pleasant atmosphere compared to running the gauntlet of will I won't I get a bottle in my face tonight just because I happen to out with a good looking woman looking for a drink in town, some take away food post pub and a taxi home as it feels like in many cities in the Uk.
            sas lives in wandsworth, where people don't bottle each other.

This is out of fear of being stabbed or shot in retaliation.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

You tried going out in some towns in East Germany, or rough parts of West German cities, rather than expat ghettoes?
              I daresay a German living in Putney, Wandsworth, or Chelsea probably wouldn't recognise your description of England.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                sas lives in wandsworth, where people don't bottle each other.

This is out of fear of being stabbed or shot in retaliation.
                I'm sorry you're poor and can't afford to live ina nice area.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Not just Germany CUKers. The Swiss are in on that as well. I generally pick that week to go skiing.
                  Ah, but it varies from place to place. I think Basel is a week or two later than here.

I haven't come across this here, but when I was in Holland the Karnival committee met in a room above my local, and once they'd done with the official business they'd come down and buy us all drinks. We'd rarely get out of the place until 3 in the morning on those nights.

And if you thought you were safe by visiting another pub, wrong, they'd tour around a bit to get everyone in the party mood.

Fortunately I was younger then and able to maintain the pace
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I'm sorry you're poor and can't afford to live ina nice area.

Get over yourself you silly little man.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

Get over yourself you silly little man.
                      Slim does not equal little, fatso.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X