• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheese

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    So she curtailed her Walpoling activities and sallied forth to their place of purveyance to negotiate the vending of some cheesy comestibles then?

In a nutshell.
    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      gricer

is that you

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

We brought some French cheese back in the boot of the car once, when we opened it it reminded us of that scene from Goodfellows.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Memories of a good meal at a restaurant, tasting menu, so 9 odd courses.
          Then came the cheese course, waiter wheels over the cheese trolley, invites to try some/all of the cheeses, after 20 odd samples he asked; now which ones would you like to have for your cheese course
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Memories of a good meal at a restaurant, tasting menu, so 9 odd courses.
            Then came the cheese course, waiter wheels over the cheese trolley, invites to try some/all of the cheeses, after 20 odd samples he asked; now which ones would you like to have for your cheese course
            To which the correct answer to that would be "I'm not sure can we just run through them again, please?".

Oops, I seem to have strayed into the 'Gluttony' thread.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              I like the taste of epoisse but it makes me heave; just can't keep it inside. Although this may be to do with it arriving at the end of a meal after a bottle of white, a bottle of red, a small bottle of dessert wine and a glass of port.
              Clearly it's the port which reacts badly with the cheese.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Yes it has poncy names but is French cheese better than British? We make over 700 varieties in Britain which is more than the France IIRC?

Sales of British cheese trump French - Telegraph

The British cheese that left the French feeling blue - News - Food & Drink - The Independent

I like Camembert but even that can be a bit . Can't beat a good crumbly mature cheddar or a slither of Stilton on wheat cracker IMO.

Britain, France, Italy and Spain (just for Manchego), are there any other nations who make cheese worth talking about?
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  Yes it has poncy names but is French cheese better than British? We make over 700 varieties in Britain which is more than the France IIRC?

Sales of British cheese trump French - Telegraph

The British cheese that left the French feeling blue - News - Food & Drink - The Independent

I like Camembert but even that can be a bit . Can't beat a good crumbly mature cheddar or a slither of Stilton on wheat cracker IMO.

Britain, France, Italy and Spain (just for Manchego), are there any other nations who make cheese worth talking about?
                  Spain has more than just Manchego to offer, and the Portuguese make some very good cheeses, oh, and Feta can be very tasty as can halloumi. I'd just settle for saying that Europe may be bankrupt and rubbish but at least no other continent can challenge our cheeses.

Comment

"Seriously Strong Cheddar". Although it's not all that seriously strong.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                      Spain has more than just Manchego to offer, and the Portuguese make some very good cheeses, oh, and Feta can be very tasty as can halloumi. I'd just settle for saying that Europe may be bankrupt and rubbish but at least no other continent can challenge our cheeses.
                      Ah yes feta with a Greek salad and how could I forget halloumi? Dry fried or grilled I share a block along with some dolmades and souvlaki almost every week!

Not knowingly tried any Portuguese cheese?
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X