• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Films that can be watched more than once

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    How do you define Modern?
    I wouldn't call the original Star Wars, God Father 1 & 2 or Apocalypse Now that modern!
    Yeah, getting on a bit I suppose, but not as old as, say Gone with the Wind or the Wizard of Oz.

Comment

Wouldn't mind seeing 'Roots' again.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Yeah, getting on a bit I suppose, but not as old as, say Gone with the Wind or the Wizard of Oz.
        Maybe there needs to be another classification for pre and post digital
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Once was more than enough for me, The only good quality of the film was the special effects.
          WSCS

I've got it on Blu-ray and watched it once. It looks amazing, good for showing off HD and a new TV but that was all.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
          Oh yeah, Usual Suspects.
          Yep, there's two types of film I'll happily watch more than once. Films that are just really good - good acting, direction, cinematography, plot etc, and films that have twisty plots so that subsequent viewings reveal new details that you missed or that you see in a new light with the knowledge you now have. I'd put The Usual Suspects in both categories. Shutter Island is another that seems totally different the second time.

Comment

Rarely watch films twice but did watch the Life of Brian the other night. Forgotten how good it was.

Seen The Outlaw Jose Wales more than once. So many great quotes you can use in real life, who hasn't spat on the floor in a project meeting and drawled "Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms" ?
            Last edited by xoggoth; 26 October 2011, 10:38.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

In no particular order...

Deliverance
              Life of Brian
              Twelve Angry Men
              Soldier Blue (for the final massacre)
              The Dambusters

Comment

The 60's James bond movies, but not the rest of them, except perhaps the ones with Daniel Craig.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  WSCS
                  Yep, there's two types of film I'll happily watch more than once. Films that are just really good - good acting, direction, cinematography, plot etc, and films that have twisty plots so that subsequent viewings reveal new details that you missed or that you see in a new light with the knowledge you now have. I'd put The Usual Suspects in both categories. Shutter Island is another that seems totally different the second time.
                  Agreed. I'd like to add Memento to that list. Brilliant viewing first time, and even better the second as you discover loads of clues you've missed first time around.

Comment

I've watched "Charlies Anals" many, many times... though struggle to get past the first 3 minutes then I'm done

Comment

Brazil
                      The Dark Knight
                      The Italian Job (original version)
                      Short Circuit (must have watched it a hundred times as a kid!)
                      If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Working...
                      X