• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Films that can be watched more than once"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    A Fistfull of Dollars is on C5 tonight btw.

Leave a comment:

• Addanc
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Dune (The original one)(if you happen to like it)
    Not a patch on this.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Get Carter (1971 original not the absolute crap remake)

You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.

The Long Good Friday

Harold Shand: I'll tell you something.

I'm glad I found out in time just what a partnership with a pair of ******* like you would've been like. A sleeping partner's one thing but you're in a ******* coma! No wonder you got an energy crisis your side of the water. Us British, we're used to a bit more vitality, imagination, touch of the Dunkirk spirit, know what I mean? The days when Yanks could come over here and buy up Nelson's Column, and a Harley Street surgeon and a couple of Windmill girls are definitely over.

American: Now look...

Shand: Shut up you long streak of paralysed piss. What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world. Culture, sophistication, genius... a little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

We're in the Common Market now, and my new deal is with Europe. I'm going into partnership with a German organisation. Yeah, the Krauts! They've got ambition, know-how. And they don't lose their bottle.

The Mafia? Hahahaha. I've tulip 'em...
    Better without the swear filter.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Brassed Off

Whoa, bit anti-Thatcher...
    Aye lad.

Rita, Sue and Bob Too, The Fully Monty, Mischief Night.

They seemed to be determined to prove that It's Grim Up North. Yes there are bits like that but there are plenty of better bits. I find them painful to watch; grown men hanging around in streets because they've effall to do is a bit bleak.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Brassed Off

Whoa, bit anti-Thatcher...

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Dune
    Matrix Series
    Serenity
    Blade Runner
    Chronicles of Riddick
    Highlander
    Local Hero
    Spirited Away
    Flash Gordon
    The Breakfast Club
    Pretty In Pink
    Napoleon Dynamyte
    American History X
    Kes
    Dumb and Dumber

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Just watched Tucker and dale vs evil
    very funny movie

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    The Sting - She was gonna kill you kid
    Independance day - They're using our own satellites against us
    The Unforgiven - Who owns this sh 1 t-hole

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    They Live

I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Though the best bit is the ten minute scrap with his mate to try to get him to put on the special sunglasses.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I watched one evening whilst I was working away on a contract.
    That reminds me of Speed. I was determined not to watch it having seen various film critics panning it.

I watched it when stuck in a hotel with nothing else to do and thoroughly enjoyed it.

My opinion of critics went down after that.

And as I caught up with other films over the years that the critics had recommended, my opinion of critics sunk further.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I would have thought it'd be a bit too girly for a grisly old GAL like you anyway
    It probably would have been too girly for me if Robert Redford had been in it.

Pretty Woman and Sleepless in Seattle are OK once in a while.

Finally after many years I saw An Affair To Remember again. I hadn't seen it since I was a nipper. Sleepless in Seattle made a bit more sense then.

Which somehow brings me to:

To Catch a Thief
    The Thomas Crown Affair - the sauna scene was, ahem, steamier than I remembered (although I suspect it was heavily cut when I saw it on British telly)

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Gone With The Wind?

Frankly my dear...
    Tomorrow is another day.

Yeah, I'd watch it for the nth time.

Leave a comment:

• v8gaz
    replied
    anything by matt stone and trey parker - in reducing order of quality:

Team America - brilliant
    Baseketball - very funny
    Orgasmo - has it's moments
    Cannibal the Musical - so bad it's hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• keninparis
    replied
    The Sting.
    After Hours.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    It's ok if you like that sort of thing.

I watched one evening whilst I was working away on a contract.
    I would have thought it'd be a bit too girly for a grisly old GAL like you anyway

Leave a comment:

Working...
X