• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Films that can be watched more than once

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wicker Man (1973)

It was a musical. Britt Ekland singing and dancing in the nude.

The Exterminator

Meat grinder sales went through the roof after its release.

American Psycho

Where he's chasing someone, naked, with a chainsaw.

Goodfellas

Leo Getz before his tourettes was cured. **** **** **** ****.

Near Dark

Finger lickin good

Way of the Gun

One of the best opening scenes ever.

Bar Patron: Hey, hey. Yeah you, get up. What are you retarded? Get off the ******* car!

Raving Bitch: Hey dickless, get off the ******* car! Hey ****suck, get your slippery ******* ass off the car! Listen to me, get off the ******* car with your ******* ass!

Parker: Shut that ***** mouth or I'll come over there and ****start her head!

Raving Bitch: You're gonna wish you never ******* got up this ******* morning asshole, because my boyfriend's gonna **** you up! And then after that while he's ******* up your ******* gay uncle over there I'm gonna ******* cut off your cock and mail it to your mother, you ******* faggot bitch! You gaylord ******* bitch! How do you like that? You like that a lot you ******* faggot? You like to ass ****? Fontanella ******* babyheads!

Bar Patron: Go ahead.

Raving Bitch: You like to **** babyheads? You like to **** boys? He's gonna **** you in the ass, how do you like that? He's not even gay but he'll do it just to ****...

Bar Patron: Honey honey. She's got a big mouth but she's not kidding. I'm gonna whip you silly and I'm gonna **** you stupid. You wanna do the man dance? First dance is yours.
    The next bit is the icing on the cake.

Withnail & I

Uncle Monty: I adore you. Tell him if you must, I no longer care. I mean to have you even if it must be burglary.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Nope, if the psycho bint is in it I ain't watching it. She really does make me cringe.
      Not following the complete conversation, but I'm pretty sure she wasn't in A Mule for Sister Sarah if that helps.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        It's ok if you like that sort of thing.

I watched one evening whilst I was working away on a contract.
        I would have thought it'd be a bit too girly for a grisly old GAL like you anyway
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

The Sting.
          After Hours.

Comment

anything by matt stone and trey parker - in reducing order of quality:

Team America - brilliant
            Baseketball - very funny
            Orgasmo - has it's moments
            Cannibal the Musical - so bad it's hilarious.
            World's Best Martini

Comment

Gone With The Wind?

Frankly my dear...
              Tomorrow is another day.

Yeah, I'd watch it for the nth time.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                I would have thought it'd be a bit too girly for a grisly old GAL like you anyway
                It probably would have been too girly for me if Robert Redford had been in it.

Pretty Woman and Sleepless in Seattle are OK once in a while.

Finally after many years I saw An Affair To Remember again. I hadn't seen it since I was a nipper. Sleepless in Seattle made a bit more sense then.

Which somehow brings me to:

To Catch a Thief
                The Thomas Crown Affair - the sauna scene was, ahem, steamier than I remembered (although I suspect it was heavily cut when I saw it on British telly)
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  I watched one evening whilst I was working away on a contract.
                  That reminds me of Speed. I was determined not to watch it having seen various film critics panning it.

I watched it when stuck in a hotel with nothing else to do and thoroughly enjoyed it.

My opinion of critics went down after that.

And as I caught up with other films over the years that the critics had recommended, my opinion of critics sunk further.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

They Live

I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Though the best bit is the ten minute scrap with his mate to try to get him to put on the special sunglasses.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

The Sting - She was gonna kill you kid
                      Independance day - They're using our own satellites against us
                      The Unforgiven - Who owns this sh 1 t-hole
                      (\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X