• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Films that can be watched more than once

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Any Which Way But Loose

"right turn Clyde"
    Sorry but I won't watch those films on account of Sondra Locke making me puke everytime I see her face. Wtf was Eastwood doing with her, well yeah, I know what he was doing but FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      With Arthur Lowe as the Hangman.
      How many parts did he play in O Lucky Man?

I have watched films just because Arthur Lowe was in them.

Ditto for Walther Matthau and Jack Nicholson.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Cool Hand Luke

What we've got here is a failure to communicate

Full Metal Jacket

What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Some black and white classics:

The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1939) (reminded of this by the Occupy Canary Wharf thread )

Moby Dick (1956)

King Kong (1933)

All of the Laurel and Hardy films.
          Back when I got Belgian TV, they showed Laurel and Hardy and Harold Lloyd classics on weekdays around the time I got home from work.

A great way to wind down and forget about computer problems each day.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Sorry but I won't watch those films on account of Sondra Locke making me puke everytime I see her face.

Not even The Outlaw Josey Wales?

Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie
            Bounty hunter #1: You're wanted, Wales.

Josey Wales: Reckon I'm right popular. You a bounty hunter?

Bounty hunter #1: A man's got to do something for a living these days.

Josey Wales: Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy.
            Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Sorry but I won't watch those films on account of Sondra Locke making me puke everytime I see her face. Wtf was Eastwood doing with her, well yeah, I know what he was doing but FFS!
              I thought he could have done better, but she doesn't make me puke (anymore).

He redeemed himself somewhat in The Bridges of Madison County with Meryl Streep.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                Laurel and Hardy and Harold Lloyd, classics

Some of the stunts were fantastic. Not watched them in a while but trying to deliver the piano to the top of a long flight of steps stands out.

And the one where they're trying to fix a roof and keep falling off it.

I grew up believing that Stan Laurel was Clint Eastwood's father. Almost sad the internet spoilt that.

Is Clint Eastwood Stan Laurels Son URBAN MYTH
                Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                  He redeemed himself somewhat in The Bridges of Madison County with Meryl Streep.
                  Noooooooo that was one of my fave books but he was soooooooo wrong for that part.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Not even The Outlaw Josey Wales?
                    Nope, if the psycho bint is in it I ain't watching it. She really does make me cringe.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      Dunno about that; he seemed to make her day.
                      I didn't watch the film cos I just didn't think it should have been him. It really should have been Robert Redford.
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X