• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got myself in trouble….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bollocks | Define Bollocks at Dictionary.com

note the term Vulgar, designed to insult. As in "You're talking f**ing bollocks"
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

I used wonder how it was actually possible to get yourself fired from a modern corporation, short of dishonesty or gross stupidity.

I think this will go in the stupidity pile.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Simply bitching to him is fine, but sending a snotty email around the office is unprofessional/unacceptable and he should call her on it one way or another or she knows she can bully him.
        true; I hate bullies and the way I deal with them is to call their bluff. (best to have a warchest first though)
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          I used wonder how it was actually possible to get yourself fired from a modern corporation, short of dishonesty or gross stupidity.

I think this will go in the stupidity pile.
          You get fired when someone presses the redundancy randomiser button and your number comes up. Otherwise, I've never seen it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            You get fired when someone presses the redundancy randomiser button and your number comes up. Otherwise, I've never seen it happen.
            I saw a guy who kept falling asleep at meetings get canned, he was a contractor
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              I saw a guy who kept falling asleep at meetings get canned, he was a contractor
              Big bank in Holland, december 2008?

Fook me those three and half hour thursday morning meetings were sad, especially when management patted themselves on the backs for their top score on corporate social responsibility just after they'd scrounged 30 billion euros from the taxpayer, sacked 2500 people and frozen the pensions of their ex-employees.

Oh no, I didn't get canned for sleeping, I got canned for what I said in one of the rare moments I was awake.

Oh yes and they'd just demanded 20% rate cuts form all contractors. I suggested in a not very diplomatic fashion that if they included measurements on burdening the taxpayer, maintaining good supplier relations and not overly burdening the social security system they might have to downgrade their 'corporate social responsibility' rating a notch or two.
              Last edited by Mich the Tester; 21 October 2011, 11:30.

Comment

In all seriousness, you're a nob. You're working in a corp environment, not the pub. If you don't know how the person will react, don't use language which may offend.
                And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

"Knackered" would have meant the same, and isn't as crude and jarring as "bolloxed".
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Big bank in Holland, december 2008?

Fook me those three and half hour thursday morning meetings were sad, especially when management patted themselves on the backs for their top score on corporate social responsibility just after they'd scrounged 30 billion euros from the taxpayer, sacked 2500 people and frozen the pensions of their ex-employees.

Oh no, I didn't get canned for sleeping, I got canned for what I said in one of the rare moments I was awake.

Oh yes and they'd just demanded 20% rate cuts form all contractors. I suggested in a not very diplomatic fashion that if they included measurements on burdening the taxpayer, maintaining good supplier relations and not overly burdening the social security system they might have to downgrade their 'corporate social responsibility' rating a notch or two.
                    Gives me an idea for a poll.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      d000hg, your .sig is very conspicuous for people reading threads at clientco.

Could you consider replacing it with a full screen Excel spreadsheet, so no one will wonder what we are reading?

TIA
                      Is it better now?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X