• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, France v New Zealand...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh look, there's Marc Lievremont, world's number one tw@t, slagging down his own players in front of the press;

Rugby World Cup 2011: France coach Marc Lievremont slams 'spoiled brats' after players celebrate Wales victory - Telegraph

That man is a first class, a-grade, heavy duty dickhead.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      For the guys who are playing it's an international cap for a test match between two of the world's best teams; international caps are never pointless.
      Still a bit of a let-down though. However it could be a very entertaining game.

I noticed both Wales and Oz using a tactic where from a ruck the guy picks up the ball and passes literally 1m to someone standing right next to them, who simply goes down immediately. Sometimes they even have a couple of players holding the guy as he receives the pass.

This gains no ground but Wales especially used it all the time. What is the reason for it?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Kiwis haven't had abad game yet, and are due one. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they lose. I am having a cheeky £25 on France.

Comment

Oh look, there's Marc Lievremont, world's number one tw@t, slagging down his own players in front of the press;

Rugby World Cup 2011: France coach Marc Lievremont slams 'spoiled brats' after players celebrate Wales victory - Telegraph

That man is a first class, a-grade, heavy duty dickhead.
          Which bit of him not counting his poulet did you not understand? He has a point imo.

Originally posted by Le Chifre
          Lièvremont does not care. He said on Sunday afternoon: “I am a great supporter of the All Blacks. It would be a childhood dream to play the All Blacks in the final.” Lièvremont’s dream has now come true, but for the rest of the world it is a nightmare.

Then he went on to attack his players, calling them “spoilt brats” after he discovered some had gone out to celebrate their World Cup semi-final win against Wales.

“I went to bed in a bad mood because I’d asked the players not to go out, and I found out a few of them had gone out,” Lièvremont said.

“I told them what I thought of them — that they’re a bunch of undisciplined spoilt brats, disobedient, sometimes selfish, always complaining, always whining. It’s been like this for four years.

“The problem is we are not world champions yet and we just qualified for the final. This reminds me of 1999 when there were four days of celebration for the semi-final.”

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Still a bit of a let-down though. However it could be a very entertaining game.

I noticed both Wales and Oz using a tactic where from a ruck the guy picks up the ball and passes literally 1m to someone standing right next to them, who simply goes down immediately. Sometimes they even have a couple of players holding the guy as he receives the pass.

This gains no ground but Wales especially used it all the time. What is the reason for it?
            Often you'll do that to keep the ball and buy a moment of time, perhaps for the scrum half to get there if he's been wrapped up somewhere or for the backs to line up and comb their hair, as they do; it can also be to try and pull in defenders around the fringe of the ruck while possibly making a metre of ground. Add to that, on the rare occasion there's a poor tackle and you get through there'll hardly be any defense behind the ruck so you can go a long way upfield. Unfortunately some teams do it because they can't think of anything else to do (England?). Wales were trying to line up their kicker for a drop goal at the end, but didn't want to risk losing the ball and just couldn't get close enough.
            Last edited by Mich the Tester; 17 October 2011, 09:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Which bit of him not counting his poulet did you not understand? He has a point imo.
              He has a point, but this should be kept within the team and not spread around the world as he has done. It doesn't surprise me that his players don't take him seriously.

Comment

He has a point, but this should be kept within the team and not spread around the world as he has done. It doesn't surprise me that his players don't take him seriously.
                Yet they're in a RWC final...

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
                  <shush>

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
                    I think the players might be coaching themselves as England did in 2007. I for one hope that NZ absolutely thrash them.

Comment

I think the players might be coaching themselves as England did in 2007. I for one hope that NZ absolutely thrash them.
                      I think it will be very funny if they don't win, NZ that is, very funny.

Comment

Working...
                      X