• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, France v New Zealand...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    McCaw isn't awesome, he's simply extremely competent.
    He described his team and performance as "awesome".

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
      I'd be more worried they haven't shown their A game yet, as they do have one. All they needed to do, they've done. If NZ freeze up a little, and France free up a little, my £25 might look a decent punt.
      Dusautoir and Harinordoquy might be the only back row players at the RWC who can disrupt NZ at the breakdown if they hunt together. They'll have to run like hell all afternoon though.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        My only guess was they wanted to free up the pile of bodies in the ruck - Wales seemed to do it all over the pitch and weren't even trying to run... the guy caught the ball and just took one step into the French guys standing right in front of him.
        That's down to the French not attacking the ruck in case Wales got a breakthrough - they kept all their players in tackling positions and smothered the game. For example, Jones says the drop goal wasn't attempted because France kept the Welsh kicker too far back. Also, you note, they didn't risk giving away a penalty, which is dead easy if you're not actually trying to do anything at all other than stand there.

What seriously annoys me is that France are in the final by playing not to lose rather than to win. That's not what the contest is about.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          He described his team and performance as "awesome".
          He's the captain; it's his job to give praise where it's due.

Comment

He's the captain; it's his job to give praise where it's due.
            He could've kept it within the squad though, eh?

Comment

I would like to see a NZ win.
              There are no Kiwis in my office.
              There are quite a few French who will be intolerable.
              There are quite a few Aussies who will be pissed off with NZ as world champs.

Malvolio: The idea of the contest is to win the trophy. How you do it is down to you. It may not be pretty, but it got them to the final.
              Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

He could've kept it within the squad though, eh?
                Criticism behind closed doors, positive stuff in public, unless there's nothing positive to say, in which case the mouth should remain shut.

Comment

Criticism behind closed doors, positive stuff in public, unless there's nothing positive to say, in which case the mouth should remain shut.
                  "Rugby player drinks beer, shocker!"

Behind closed doors doesn't exist the way it used to.

Comment

"Rugby player drinks beer, shocker!"

Behind closed doors doesn't exist the way it used to.
                    No, but it some aspects, it should.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                      What seriously annoys me is that France are in the final by playing not to lose rather than to win. That's not what the contest is about.
                      B0llocks! (To use your terminology).

You are just spouting tulip!
                      Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
                      Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Working...
                      X