• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, France v New Zealand...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
    I think it will be very funny if they don't win, NZ that is, very funny.
    Hmmm, I wouldn't laugh; France are probably the worst team ever to reach a final. NZ, whatever you think of them, have played excellent rugby all along, no pansy show-off entertainment rugby, but just good solid rugby, and they deserve to be there.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Hmmm, I wouldn't laugh; France are probably the worst team ever to reach a final. NZ, whatever you think of them, have played excellent rugby all along, no pansy show-off entertainment rugby, but just good solid rugby, and they deserve to be there.
      No, I agree, they have played great Rugby, but, well, I just think it would be funny; speak to a kiwi and you'd think it was already in the bag. So I think it would be funny to see the French win it. I also think watching France turn up with their A game would shock a few people.

Comment

Pull your head out of Richie "Awesome" McCaw's arse, he won't let you play for them no matter how many times you practise the "Haka" in front of a mirror it just isn't going to happen.

Comment

France have done (just) enough to get there. They haven't cheated, they haven't broken any rules!!

I still think they have their "one glorious game" in them, they certainly haven't had that yet!!!

I think NZ will win but I do hope the Frogs have their OGG and make it a spectacle! Like when they turned over the Blacks at Twickers!!
          Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
          Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
            France have done (just) enough to get there. They haven't cheated, they haven't broken any rules!!

I still think they have their "one glorious game" in them, they certainly haven't had that yet!!!

I think NZ will win but I do hope the Frogs have their OGG and make it a spectacle! Like when they turned over the Blacks at Twickers!!
            I thought when the French played us, they looked dangerous everythime they got the ball. If they play better than that, it should be a good game.

Comment

No, I agree, they have played great Rugby, but, well, I just think it would be funny; speak to a kiwi and you'd think it was already in the bag. So I think it would be funny to see the French win it. I also think watching France turn up with their A game would shock a few people.
              Yep, that's the trouble with France. They can drink a load of wine, smoke a load of fags and suddenly turn good, especially if you kick the ball into their half. But come on, does this French team have an 'A game'? They didn't really play well against England but faced an incompetent opponent. They didn't play well against Wales but faced 14 men and Wales missed their kicks. They do have one or two brilliant individuals who can do something unexpected, but I'd rather they didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Pull your head out of Richie "Awesome" McCaw's arse, he won't let you play for them no matter how many times you practise the "Haka" in front of a mirror it just isn't going to happen.
                McCaw isn't awesome, he's simply extremely competent.

Comment

Yep, that's the trouble with France. They can drink a load of wine, smoke a load of fags and suddenly turn good, especially if you kick the ball into their half. But come on, does this French team have an 'A game'? They didn't really play well against England but faced an incompetent opponent. They didn't play well against Wales but faced 14 men and Wales missed their kicks. They do have one or two brilliant individuals who can do something unexpected, but I'd rather they didn't.
                  I'd be more worried they haven't shown their A game yet, as they do have one. All they needed to do, they've done. If NZ freeze up a little, and France free up a little, my £25 might look a decent punt.

Comment

Often you'll do that to keep the ball and buy a moment of time, perhaps for the scrum half to get there if he's been wrapped up somewhere or for the backs to line up and comb their hair, as they do; it can also be to try and pull in defenders around the fringe of the ruck while possibly making a metre of ground. Add to that, on the rare occasion there's a poor tackle and you get through there'll hardly be any defense behind the ruck so you can go a long way upfield. Unfortunately some teams do it because they can't think of anything else to do (England?). Wales were trying to line up their kicker for a drop goal at the end, but didn't want to risk losing the ball and just couldn't get close enough.
                    My only guess was they wanted to free up the pile of bodies in the ruck - Wales seemed to do it all over the pitch and weren't even trying to run... the guy caught the ball and just took one step into the French guys standing right in front of him.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'd be more worried they haven't shown their A game yet, as they do have one. All they needed to do, they've done. If NZ freeze up a little, and France free up a little, my £25 might look a decent punt.
                      If you're giving money away I'll take £20 please.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X