• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Desperate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Makeup and lighting can disguise bags under eyes, but can't make them disappear.

Edit - I think she looks prettier before.
    I find this one hard to believe. The width of her nose is all different.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
      I actually think this woman looks quite cute:
      Agreed. The only one though.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I find this one hard to believe. The width of her nose is all different.
        To be fair the first photo is crafted to make her look uglier than she is just as much as the second is crafted to flatter her. That's a common technique for before and after photos.

In the left photo she's lit very directionally with specular light, which creates harsh unnatural shadows and emphasises the hollows under her eyes and skin blemishes, her nose is splayed out because she is smiling, which also pushes her cheeks up and adds further emphasis to the hollows under her eyes, and the tone is off so she's a bit too blue. On the RHS she's lit primarily from top left (light from slightly above looks much more natural because that's where the sun normally is) with much more diffuse light (which makes skin look smoother) and a fill light or reflector on the other side, the skin tone is warmer and more natural (which is due to white balance as much as make up) and her mouth is pulled downwards which changes the shape of her nose a bit.

Posing and choice of angle helps as well, one of the others has a wonky face with one eye lower than the other, emphasised in the bad picture by a frontal view under harsh light but in the "good" photo she's tilting her head and it's a 3/4 view so it completely disguises the fact her eyes aren't even level. There are other tricks to hide e.g. an overly strong jaw or a bit of excess weight and so on.

Personally I find it's usually beer that transforms munters into stunners
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Gerard Butler

Vinnie Jones

Comment

Working...
          X