• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Desperate

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Desperate"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Gerard Butler

Vinnie Jones

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I find this one hard to believe. The width of her nose is all different.
    To be fair the first photo is crafted to make her look uglier than she is just as much as the second is crafted to flatter her. That's a common technique for before and after photos.

In the left photo she's lit very directionally with specular light, which creates harsh unnatural shadows and emphasises the hollows under her eyes and skin blemishes, her nose is splayed out because she is smiling, which also pushes her cheeks up and adds further emphasis to the hollows under her eyes, and the tone is off so she's a bit too blue. On the RHS she's lit primarily from top left (light from slightly above looks much more natural because that's where the sun normally is) with much more diffuse light (which makes skin look smoother) and a fill light or reflector on the other side, the skin tone is warmer and more natural (which is due to white balance as much as make up) and her mouth is pulled downwards which changes the shape of her nose a bit.

Posing and choice of angle helps as well, one of the others has a wonky face with one eye lower than the other, emphasised in the bad picture by a frontal view under harsh light but in the "good" photo she's tilting her head and it's a 3/4 view so it completely disguises the fact her eyes aren't even level. There are other tricks to hide e.g. an overly strong jaw or a bit of excess weight and so on.

Personally I find it's usually beer that transforms munters into stunners

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    I actually think this woman looks quite cute:
    Agreed. The only one though.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Makeup and lighting can disguise bags under eyes, but can't make them disappear.

Edit - I think she looks prettier before.
    I find this one hard to believe. The width of her nose is all different.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    and bagging up and making sure that you see the condom (with contents) either being burnt or flushed down the toilet

Man Receives Oral Sex, Ordered to Pay Child Support | MND: Your Daily Dose of Counter-Theory

and

Shooting For Sperm | Entertainment Spotlight | BET.com
    Yea what I said will only just about protect a man from jail .....

The CSS in another matter! Ive heard similar cases to those you posted and another circumstance is quite common as well, where a man can be hounded by the CSS, even if he isnt the father, just for being a partner to a single mum for a little while.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    It really is that bad, if you go out on the pull.

Nowadays guys are only safe on a one night stand asking to see the girls ID and then making her sign a consent form, how romantic .....
    and bagging up and making sure that you see the condom (with contents) either being burnt or flushed down the toilet

http://mensnewsdaily.com/2011/02/27/...child-support/

and

http://blogs.bet.com/celebrities/ent...ing-for-sperm/
    Last edited by Spacecadet; 13 October 2011, 19:13.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    That's what I said at my trial, but it didn't wash with the female judge.

It really is that bad, if you go out on the pull.

Nowadays guys are only safe on a one night stand asking to see the girls ID and then making her sign a consent form, how romantic .....

Point is, if a woman wants to deceive you on her age and make you think she is younger or older than she really is, often they will succeed. Some manage to pull it off for months at a time .....

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Modern lingo is "jail bait", but you knew that.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

teenage girls have been using makeup for decades to get in to clubs and fool people in to thinking they're at least 10 years older than they are ...

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Good lighting and photographic skill has a lot to do with it as well, pick peoples best angles, hide some of the asymmetry and blemishes, you can do quite a lot to deming people.
    Indeed .... but as I said, have a look on youtube at some things .... Like this annoying girl:

PS: Yes I prefer her without all that slap, but im not like most men out there .... Most would prefer her tarted up.

Anyone who has been out in a pub or club in the past few decades, should know how powerful makeup can be. They transform ugly or plain girls in to stunners and teenage girls have been using makeup for decades to get in to clubs and fool people in to thinking they're at least 10 years older than they are ...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    One of those blokes looks like Kevin Costner
    Which one?

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Makeup and lighting can disguise bags under eyes, but can't make them disappear.
    No it cant, just an illusion.

But that is all that is needed, to lure a potential partner ....

I do in that case as well.

Her skin looks more flawless and her bags have disappeared, but I find her smile in the before picture very cute ....

Rather than going for the flawless barbie, I always like someone a bit cute and more "real" ....

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Not at all. All those are from professional makeup artist sites ....

You can go on youtube and see ugly people, slapping on a bit of makeup and transformed in to drop dead gorgeous people.
    Good lighting and photographic skill has a lot to do with it as well, pick peoples best angles, hide some of the asymmetry and blemishes, you can do quite a lot to deming people.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    I think you're confusing make up and photoshop.
    Not at all. All those are from professional makeup artist sites ....

You can go on youtube and see ugly people, slapping on a bit of makeup and transformed in to drop dead gorgeous people.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X