• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England V Scotland

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    This was the first time that Scotland, have ever failed to reach the quarter finals.
    Says it all about what is a fringe activity designed for those, generally without the raw skills needed for more graceful and athletic pursuits.
    blah
    Now get on with it and let's get back to the Footy!!!
    So you're saying major football tournaments are more Scotland's forté ?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      The southern lot are the least of England's worries. Ireland and Wales are the ones I'd rather not play against right now.
      Apart from NZ, you are probably right.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        So you're saying major football tournaments are more Scotland's forte?
        They´re very good at cycling, but only when they wear a ´Great Britain´ shirt; obviously so deeply committed to the union that they sacrifice themselves when performing in a Scots shirt.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Apart from NZ, you are probably right.
          I'm not even convinced by them; none of the top sides have been consistent in the last year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            I'm not even convinced by them; none of the top sides have been consistent in the last year or so.
            True but they have looked the best of the lot so far.

However they are also the most likely to choke.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              True but they have looked the best of the lot so far.

However they are also the most likely to choke.
              Both true, but I think Ireland did a good job of puncturing the southern hemisphere bubble. Having seen that game I really wonder how NZ managed to lose against Aus in the tri nations. In fact I wonder how anyone managed to lose against them, seeing as they still think the front row should be made up of the first three fat guys who stick their hands up and volunteer at the pub.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                Why? Do you have some sort of prejudice against the English?
                I thought it was a good game, and to be honest before the match I didn't think Scotland would win but was pleasantly surprised at half time and thought maybe that they might actually win the game even if it was without the needed 8 points. In the end it doesn't matter who played better overall but the final score.

It's a southern Hemisphere dominated game and it will be a Southern Hemisphere team that wins the cup. My money is n the NZ.

Comment

The sun is shining and Scotland going home early (again) from a major sporting event
                  Technically they ain't out yet. If Argentina get trounced (i.e. score no points) then Scotland are still through. Och aye.

Comment

So you're saying major football tournaments are more Scotland's forté ?
                    No. Scotland never tend to brag that they are going to win such tournaments. They then go out and back that up.
                    England on the other hand generally make outlandish claims about how well they will do in such tournaments, then go out and perform like Scotland.

HTH
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      No. Scotland never tend to brag that they are going to win such tournaments. They then go out and back that up.
                      England on the other hand generally make outlandish claims about how well they will do in such tournaments, then go out and perform like Scotland.

HTH
                      As much as it pains me to admit it (as I'm sure that it would you) but as you and I are more or less of the age where we can't forget (unfortunately) the bragging of Ally's tartan army and what a disaster that turned out to be! As someone else said, it should be gobs shut, heads down and get on with the job at hand...

Comment

Working...
                      X