• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England V Scotland

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    The sun is shining and Scotland going home early (again) from a major sporting event

God truly is an Englishman

I loved the way we toyed with them, raised their hopes and then dashed them right at the end

Only an Englishman would think that was a display of controlled strategic 15-man rugby. Still, never mind, they ain't going much further.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I do like the way the Scots (and other non English) think they are entitled to gloat even though they failed to do any better.
      Yet when the English do similar the Scots get offended at point out how poor the English have been. Murray and Henman comparisons spring to mind.

Can we just stop this, congratulate the winners for winning in a true spirit of sportsmanship.
      Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
        Can we just stop this, congratulate the winners for winning in a true spirit of sportsmanship.
        Nah, no fun in that. Yer gonna get humped by one of the southern teams.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Nice to have the opportunity though, eh.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Nice to have the opportunity though, eh.
            Can't argue with that.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

I do like the way the Scots (and other non English) think they are entitled to gloat even though they failed to do any better.
              The "other non-English" have around 10% of the resources. Hardly surprising they struggle to compete.
              The fact that most English seem to use the likes of Scotland as their benchmark for acceptability is what really explains why they perenially get humped against opposition with similar resources available.
              A bit like the bulky special needs kid that tries ducking all the toddlers in the baby pool at the swimming baths. More to be pitied than scolded.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                So you are happy to gloat that you got turned over by a tulip team?
                Just saying like.

Comment

The only "gloating" on this thread came from the perenially insecure misfit that is Troll. Not sure about his Caledonian credentials but if we can avoid any historic connection with him, I am sure I speak on behalf of all the Scots in here, we happily will.
                  His inferiority complex is nearly as obvious as his unfeasibly large forehead.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    The "other non-English" have around 10% of the resources. Hardly surprising they struggle to compete.
                    The fact that most English seem to use the likes of Scotland as their benchmark for acceptability is what really explains why they perenially get humped against opposition with similar resources available.

In you little world maybe.
                    Could you explain "perenially get humped" because I seem to remember England getting to semis, finals and even winning on one occasion. That is the benchmark England normally uses to measure their performance. Insignificant games against sporting minnows are generally treated as practice.
                    It is not Englands fault that other RFUs dont have the resources.
                    Just saying like.

Comment

I'll be gloating when England get humped next.
                      Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                      X