• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England V Scotland

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    ...and even winning on one occasion.
    '66 always gets a mention
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      I'll be gloating when England get humped next.
      Why? Do you have some sort of prejudice against the English?
      Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        '66 always gets a mention
        That chip must be getting heavy by now, it does seem rather large.
        2003 old boy. We are talking Rugby.
        As you bring it up, remind me when Scotland last won the football world cup, or anything significant for that matter.
        Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

So you are happy to gloat that you got turned over by a tulip team?
          Indeed even with a lacklustre display we managed to win ... which bodes well for when we get into our stride
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Modern rugby is not about singing your national sing song louder than the other lot, it's not about 'knocking out the English would be a big bonus', as one of the Scots players suggested, it's not about dreaming of being Mel Gibson in some tulipty film about Bannockburn and it´s also not about sending skivvies up and down the touchline to fiddle with the ball, MR JOHNSTON!

It's about keeping your gob shut and winning your matches, which, worryingly, is precisely what NZ and SA have been doing.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Could you explain "perenially get humped" because I seem to remember England getting to semis, finals and even winning on one occasion
              There are perhaps a handful of nations in the world where Rugby Union is really seen as anything other than a minority sport.
              Australia, South Africa, France, England, and New Zealand are, I believe, the only nations ever to have won the RU WC, and I am not even sure about the Frogs.
              Outside of that there are a slack handful of smaller nations, comprising Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Argentina, Italy who have any real credentials. The rest are just making up what still constitutes a real lack of numbers.
              This was the first time that Scotland, a nation in which Rugby is played by nobody outside of a few pretentious Public Schools, and a raft of hyperactive bull-necked sheep-farmers in the Border region, have ever failed to reach the quarter finals.
              Says it all about what is a fringe activity designed for those, generally without the raw skills needed for more graceful and athletic pursuits.
              The little interest that the rest of the civilised world has in this lardassed activity was nearly strangled out of them by watching England's dreadfully tedious victory in 2003. It is forever destined to remain firmly in the shadows of mainstream sport, thanfully. And the wholly predictable way that this year's tourney is panning out is simply further testament to that inescapable truth.
              Now get on with it and let's get back to the Footy!!!
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                There are perhaps a handful of nations in the world where Rugby Union is really seen as anything other than a minority sport.
                Australia, South Africa, France, England, and New Zealand are, I believe, the only nations ever to have won the RU WC, and I am not even sure about the Frogs.
                Outside of that there are a slack handful of smaller nations, comprising Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Argentina, Italy who have any real credentials. The rest are just making up what still constitutes a real lack of numbers.
                This was the first time that Scotland, a nation in which Rugby is played by nobody outside of a few pretentious Public Schools, and a raft of hyperactive bull-necked sheep-farmers in the Border region, have ever failed to reach the quarter finals.
                Says it all about what is a fringe activity designed for those, generally without the raw skills needed for more graceful and athletic pursuits.
                The little interest that the rest of the civilised world has in this lardassed activity was nearly strangled out of them by watching England's dreadfully tedious victory in 2003. It is forever destined to remain firmly in the shadows of mainstream sport, thanfully. And the wholly predictable way that this year's tourney is panning out is simply further testament to that inescapable truth.
                Now get on with it and let's get back to the Footy!!!
                Deary me, anyone would think Scotland had just lost in some sporting pursuit! What´s got into you today then mate?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  Still, never mind, they ain't going much further.
                  Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  That English team will get swamped by the southern hemisphere ones.
                  For that to happen England will have reached yet another world cup final, because unless a miracle happens they cannot meet southern hemisphere opposition until then. Make your mind up!
                  Last edited by Doggy Styles; 1 October 2011, 11:29.

Comment

I thought 'perenially get humped' was the aim of marrying someone, which for some people just ends in perennially not getting humped.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                      For that to happen England will have reached yet another world cup final, because they cannot meet southern hemisphere opposition until then. Make your mind up!
                      The southern lot are the least of England's worries. Ireland and Wales are the ones I'd rather not play against right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X