• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New £50 note

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The £20 is the most common Bank of England note in circulation, with 1.55 billion notes in circulation worth £31bn.
    surely a tenner? I'm not sure where the twenty is used but I always have a few tenners in my wallet.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      I use 'em to light the gold-plated crack pipe. Obviously only when I'm economising.
      I hesitate to enquire what a gold plated crack pipe is.

Comment

The might as well get rid of coppers now. The 2p piece is enormous and practically useless.

Interesting factette: The 20p and 50p pieces have a fixed diameter but not a fixed radius.

Curve of constant width - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          I hesitate to enquire what a gold plated crack pipe is.
          Really? That so doesn't sound like you. I've always thought of you as a decisive, politically incorrect kind of poster.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            Really? That so doesn't sound like you. I've always thought of you as a decisive, politically incorrect kind of poster.
            Ah, you didn't get my joke then. Unless you are triple bluffing in which case I'm bluffing^4.

Comment

Ah, you didn't get my joke then. Unless you are triple bluffing in which case I'm bluffing^4.
              Your mum ^5
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

The might as well get rid of coppers now. The 2p piece is enormous and practically useless.

Interesting factette: The 20p and 50p pieces have a fixed diameter but not a fixed radius.

Curve of constant width - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                Our coppers aren't totally useless. They still have 1¢ coins in the US which IS pointless though.

2ps are good for those games at the arcade where you try to win more 2ps.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Our coppers aren't totally useless. They still have 1¢ coins in the US which IS pointless though.

2ps are good for those games at the arcade where you try to win more 2ps.
                  I have a 2p and 10p one armed bandit in my hallway. Always keeps visitors occupied.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    I have a 2p and 10p one armed bandit in my hallway. Always keeps visitors occupied.
                    Do you give them a plastic cup of instant coffee if they stay more than half-an-hour?

Comment

What I find interesting that not just inventor (Watt) who gets to be on the banknote but also the person who financed him!

Comment

Working...
                      X