• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Burglaries down, Stabbings up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    This event took place at , which seems a strange time for burgling.

Maybe they thought no one was home, but that time on a Saturday evening is when most folk will be watching the box if they're in.
    Maybe they realised they were going to miss Xfactor and were a long way from home?

Comment

Recently been tightening up on security after watching a Crime program. Like many, we just went out and closed the latching front door, did not actually turn the key to activate all the bolt thingies. If you do that they just poke this thing through the letter box and use it to lift the handle, takes about 10s flat.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        How about a weapon that spurts plasma, in the, lets say , 40w range
        Indoors?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          NO, no, no, that will result in massive blunt trauma on the first blow, but the second blow will send soft tissue splattering all over the walls and the carpet, involving even more cleaning costs. Suggest a sharp object to the cranium, quickly followed by sticking a cork in the resulting hole to prevent squirts.
          Not to mention the fact that it would probably take multiple blows to kill them after incapacitating them, which weakens your argument for self defence. Harder to justify hitting them until they are dead when they got knocked unconscious by the first or second blow.

Of course if you are looking to make an example of someone then you can do a lot worse than a baseball bat. Knock them out, truss them up and beat them to death before inserting the handle somewhere unpleasant with the words "Don't do it again" written down the handle.
          Last edited by DaveB; 19 September 2011, 21:00.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            NO, no, no, that will result in massive blunt trauma on the first blow, but the second blow will send soft tissue splattering all over the walls and the carpet, involving even more cleaning costs. Suggest a sharp object to the cranium, quickly followed by sticking a cork in the resulting hole to prevent squirts.
            Maybe chloroform first to knock them out
            you've then got time to get some plastic sheeting down and secure the intruder.
            When he wakes up you can then take your time, making sure he's facing you of course
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Do you have a link to the story you're so upset about, as it's clearly not the one this thread is about?
              This one ......

A home owner who has been confronted by a thug breaking in, should never be arrested. Instead, they should be counselled at home and made to feel safe as they are the VICTIM, not the dead scummy thug. I appluad that man for killing the scummy thug who looks like a piece of filth.

He should never have been dragged down the station, let alone "bailed".

It is not uncommon for victims of home invasions to be tortured and killed for pin numbers and safe keys. In rarer circumstances, children and women in the house have been tied down and raped while the bound and gagged men can only watch.

Any scum breaking and entering deserves to be instantly killed. What do you want victims to do or say; "pork my wife, take my car keys, stab me until I give you my pin number and i'll take it with a british stiff upper lip"?

Good on this guy for killing this thug before he hurt any victims in the household. How dare the thugs family lay flowers outside either. The victims are the homeowners. Quite frankly, one less thug, possibly on welfare, cause to celebrate. Id like to buy that homeowner a pint instead of seeing him trawled through questioning by the pigs.

Comment

Burglar killed by dad was after Rolex...& £50k | The Sun |News

When you read what happened

'Two men had heard that the owner had £50k in cash, pretended to be there on official business and then forced themselves in threatening the owner and dragging him from room to room. In the meantime his wife and kidncome home and walk in to whit he screams for them to get out and the burglar is stabbed to death in the melee'

And the police arrest for murder.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post

Any scum breaking and entering deserves to be instantly killed.
                  Id like to buy that homeowner a pint instead of seeing him trawled through questioning by the pigs.
                  It's exactly this that makes a police enquiry necessary. If the intruder was killed beause the homeowner believed he deserved to be, then it is murder/manslaughter.

If he was fatally injured while the homeowner tried to defend himself then it is not.

What if the homeowner had previous convictions for violent assault for example? I'm sure he hasn't, but without all the facts you cannot automatically assume that he is not guilty. Or what if the homeowner had posted on internet forums that he thought "any scum breaking and entering deserves to be instantly killed?" Hmmm.

Comment

They should build tazers into houses. Ideal self-defence and if built in they can't be taken outdoors to cause a nuisance or be used for offensive means.

Maybe allow different stun settings so it can also be used on the nagging wife or nuisance kids.

[Another idea for Dragon's Den. I'm sure Duncan would be interested for only 79% of the business. ]
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I suppose some people might argue that a burglar does not deserve to be instantly killed.
                      But if that was the presumption then surely it would be no different philosophically to the signs outside electricity substations that say "Danger of Death if you enter here" or words to that effect.
                      Knowing that their death was an impersonal but likely outcome would deter all but the most stupid burglars.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X