• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Burglaries down, Stabbings up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another person charged and bailed, just for defending themselves. Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Another MANCHESTER home owner

Either the southerners are rolling over and letting the thugs get away with it or they are very good at disposing of unwanted waste
      The North is full of thieves and scallies. Down here in the South if I forget to lock the front door with £500 in cash on the kitchen table someone will come in, put the money away in a drawer and then shut the door for me just in case a Northerner might walk by.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Could have been an attempt to force owners of expensive cars parked up front to give car keys.
        It's actually easier to get the keys at 1am-3am on a week day morning when the occupants are likely to be asleep.

Lots of people leave car keys in the hall in the open and women leave their handbags there also.

Burgling someone on a Friday/Saturday evening or night is stupid as their is likely to be someone around.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Stabbing is a little messy though, you'd have pay to have it cleaned up.
          I'd use a baseball bat.

PS What's with the family of the scrote leaving flowers outside? I'd have them chucked away.
          The other half would go bonkers if the Italian wallpaper got stained.

As I was cricket batting the corpse she would be thinking about 100 quid a roll wall paper.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
            Yet another person charged and bailed, just for defending themselves. Ridiculous!
            The law states you are allowed to use reasonable force.

Unless you are over 70 the police and CPS have to confirm this.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              The law states you are allowed to use reasonable force.
              What "the law" doesn't know about , It can't get uppity about"
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Unless you are over 70 the police and CPS have to confirm this.
                No need to charge with murder before the check is complete though?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  No need to charge with murder before the check is complete though?
                  Where does it say he has been charged with anything?

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                    Where does it say he has been charged with anything?
                    You are correct: "A man who was arrested on suspicion of murder"

I suppose they have to do that if they have someone stabbed in a house with the other person saying he did it.

Comment

I think an axe to the head of the burglar is a reasonable amount of force for self-defence..... Metal baseball bat would do the job as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X