• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving drinks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Not as you don't have to work with them when they invariably tell you to "sod off".
    My charms are clearly better than yours.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Take them out on the piss at lunch time then phone a couple of hookers in when you get back to the office.

It works for BAE.

Comment

Is it rude not to do leaving drinks etc?

My current gig was long and boring, I didn't really make many friends or had a big part in the project. I'd prefer just to leave without doing anything

Comment

I normally take in cakes/doughnuts from the most expensive outlet I can find (Krispy Kremes > Waitrose > M&S).

Nothing like leaving on a note of envy/resentment/gratefulness I reckon
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Holy thread resurrection!!!!
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Holy thread resurrection!!!!
              There's no pleasing you is there? The one time somebody actually goes off and finds the answer to their question....

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                There's no pleasing you is there? The one time somebody actually goes off and finds the answer to their question....
                NLyUK can do it in under 10 seconds. HTHBIDI
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I don't do "drinks".

I see myself more as the Clint Eastwood type riding off alone into the sunset.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by kevinlam View Post
                    Hi all,

Just wondering if it is usual to have leaving drinks with your team in the end of the contract?
                    If you are any good as a contractor you will already be working on building your business network so that you can recommend colleagues in the future and gain offers for contacts as well.

Comment

Depends on the ClientCo, the culture at it, how long you've been there,...

For less than 6 months, I'd not organise anything (or expect anything to be organised). Longer contracts, I would use my common sense.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X