• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bin Laden assasins eliminated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Where you got this tulip from? He was on FBI most wanted list from start.

Naturally he did not leave finger prints at the scene, but he did enough public work to warrant death sentence: I don't think documents were found with Hitler's signature about "final solution", yet he bears full responsibility for it due to his public speeches as well as other decisions that made it happen, same is with bin Laden, he got way too quick death that he deserved.
    The hijacker’s passport was found in the debris near ground zero. Although the hijackers were burnt to a crisp and then crushed to pieces; by some miracle the passport had fallen from the aircraft on to the street.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      No it isn't. It's OK, if they include full board but do they?
      No they do not. Whilst in Barracks you pay for your Food and Accommodation out of your wages. Proportionately, it is not a huge amount, but then again Army Cabbage Mechanics don't garner a lot of Michelin stars either.
      On "Exercises", and whilst on active duty, you do not however pay for your food and accommodation. Quite right too when you consider you are probably having to share a manky tent with plenty of other sweaty toms!!
      I am sure DimWim will elaborate though, he really seems to have his finger on the pulse where our Armed Forces are concerned.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        No they do not. Whilst in Barracks you pay for your Food and Accommodation out of your wages. Proportionately, it is not a huge amount, but then again Army Cabbage Mechanics don't garner a lot of Michelin stars either.
        On "Exercises", and whilst on active duty, you do not however pay for your food and accommodation. Quite right too when you consider you are probably having to share a manky tent with plenty of other sweaty toms!!
        I am sure DimWim will elaborate though, he really seems to have his finger on the pulse where our Armed Forces are concerned.
        I contracted to the MOD and more often than not I was invited for lunch at the canteen. The food was good especially the fish and chips. They even produced a great buffet for the officers and contractors on a site visit. I do remember on one visit an officer shouting out from his office to a squaddie ordering him carry on running laps around the square as a punishment.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          The hijacker’s passport was found in the debris near ground zero. Although the hijackers were burnt to a crisp and then crushed to pieces; by some miracle the passport had fallen from the aircraft on to the street.
          Nevermind passport, Osama had plenty of time to issue denial but instead he's chosen to spend last 10 years making videos/audio calling to fight against the West.

Comment

I recall that back in 2001 OBL initially denied involvement in 911
            Bin Laden says he wasn't behind attacks - CNN

Why then would he later claim involvement?
            I guess he thought if he is being blamed for it, might as well claim it, - it probably helped him immensely with further recruitment…

Comment

Originally posted by sal626 View Post
              I recall that back in 2001 OBL initially denied involvement in 911
              Bin Laden says he wasn't behind attacks - CNN

Why then would he later claim involvement?
              I guess he thought if he is being blamed for it, might as well claim it, - it probably helped him immensely with further recruitment…
              He had 10 years to keep up that denial, instead all he did was endless stream of videos/audio with calls for jihad against the west.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                No it isn't. It's OK, if they include full board but do they?
                As another poster said, you have to pay board and food, but it really isnt much. Far cheaper than a civillian renting privately.

£16k is a excellent wage ..... As I said, experienced office workers in my area and a lot of others are lucky to scrape £12k ... Not everywhere enjoys big wage packets like the home counties and cities ... Someone without skills around here, wouldnt even be able to find work and if they did, would likely have to work for below minimum wage ....

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
                  £16k is a excellent wage ..... As I said, experienced office workers in my area and a lot of others are lucky to scrape £12k ... Not everywhere enjoys big wage packets like the home counties and cities ... Someone without skills around here, wouldnt even be able to find work and if they did, would likely have to work for below minimum wage ....
                  "Experienced" office workers are not effectively bound to their employer 24/7 either.
                  And I don't know where you got the idea that Army Personnel are "without skills".
                  Did you do your research reading Commando comics?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
                    £16k is a excellent wage
                    Not for working your arse off 16 hours a day in a tuliphole like Afghanistan under enemy fire and with very real chance of being blown up losing limbs or life altogether.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X