• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bin Laden assasins eliminated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    The armed forces are just following orders. It's the politicians who should be put in a Chinook and shot down.
    Many times throughout history, we have used the excuse of "just following orders", doesnt make it morally right though.

However I agree in your proposal on what to do with politicians .....

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      9/11 was deemed as attack on country, Bin Laden (based in Afganistan) claimed responsibility and Taleban (current Govt of Afganistan) refused to cooperate to extradite him, by doing so they assumed responbility for the act of war on US soil. Hence NATO involvement (but not in Iraq).

You did not just report the news (unless you copied text posted in Iran or something like this), you've added words that clearly show your view and that makes me think you are an utter scumbag.
      If you love the concept of killing for money, why dont you go and hump a soilder?

Comment

9/11 was deemed as attack on country, Bin Laden (based in Afganistan) claimed responsibility and Taleban (current Govt of Afganistan) refused to cooperate to extradite him, by doing so they assumed responbility for the act of war on US soil. Hence NATO involvement (but not in Iraq).

You did not just report the news (unless you copied text posted in Iran or something like this), you've added words that clearly show your view and that makes me think you are an utter scumbag.
        Obviously the 'axis of evil' is still lurking in our midst which is why you keep referring to Iran and then you'll be onto Syria. You should be working for the Neocons or Israel's 'amen' corner in the U.S.

Bin Laden never claimed responsibility for 9/11. He was on the FBI's most wanted list but even after approaching ten years, there's never been any mention of his involvement. And to quote an FBI agent, 'the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11.' Even if he was responsible, how the hell did he mastermind the collapse of the third tower without any external impact, just to cite one of many anomalies.

Yes, there was a video of a bloated version of Bin Laden claiming responsibility which they miraculously found in some shed in Jalalabad. Doesn't mean anything. They should have caught him alive when they supposedly found him in Pakistan and put him on trial like they did with Saddam. One things for sure though, this is the first instance of a superpower fighting war by proxy for a small client state. I think Afghanistan is just largely a foothold into removing Pakistan's nuclear capacity.

Comment

we have used the excuse of "just following orders", doesnt make it morally right though
          Most commonly quoted with references to Nazis, perhaps among the most blameless of the order followers. Would you have dared to defy the Reich? Not sure I would.

Human behaviour is always interesting. If you were forced through fear to do something you morally disagreed with, like shoot people in a concentration camp, would your perceptions change over time? Would you get used to it and eventually just see it as a job? Would you embrace all the extremist reasons to justify it to yourself?
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Most commonly quoted with references to Nazis, perhaps among the most blameless of the order followers. Would you have dared to defy the Reich? Not sure I would.
            I would like to think I would. I would prefer to take a bullet, than kill people in my community.

However Milgram would disagree with me!

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Human behaviour is always interesting. If you were forced through fear to do something you morally disagreed with, like shoot people in a concentration camp, would your perceptions change over time? Would you get used to it and eventually just see it as a job? Would you embrace all the extremist reasons to justify it to yourself?
            Indeed, back to Milgram, that experiment showed us that psychologically, nearly everyone, will inflict harm, just because an authority figure tells them to.

After a while it may be easier to dettach ourselves from the morals and see it as just a job. Anyone recalling the Stanford prison experiment will recall how it had to be shut down as it got too out of hand and violent, with people playing in to the roles of screws and perps perfectly.

Comment

From all I've read of Bin Laden he was in one sense a moderate. He wanted western influence out of Muslim countries but had no plans for Jihad to impose a global Ummah like some in this country.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by EC4N View Post
                Bin Laden never claimed responsibility for 9/11.
                In my view there is sufficient evidence to consider it given - it's not like he was shot next day after 9/11 and could not defend himself, he had ample time to say he wasn't involved.

I always said attack on Iraq was wrong (check older message in this forum), it was wrong choice of attack - Iran by far was and still is more dangerous.

And if you have problem with SEALs shooting Bin Laden dead then you should consider that armed police in UK does the same thing when the person does not quickly surrender, doing this in a peaceful country where suspects are unlikely to have serious guns (assault rifles) and explosives. Granted it would have been better to take him alive but it is certainly more convenient for everyone that he is dead (there is no doubt in it).

Shooting him dead in the mission in line of duty isn't assassination.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
                  You join my list of morons whom are unable to grasp a simple concept of employment risks. They dont work for small amounts of money at all. They work for £16k+, that is a damn good wage for uneducated people in many areas. Around my area, office work pays minimum wage. £12k is considered a good salary for some.
                  Are you for real?

If so you are a cretin of the highest order.

The real rates that they should be paid are those paid to private security "contractors", that's the real market rate - I believe in Iraq it was easily £1000 a day.

Comment

Originally posted by EC4N View Post
                    Bin Laden never claimed responsibility for 9/11.
                    2004 Osama bin Laden video - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Are you for real?

If so you are a cretin of the highest order.

The real rates that they should be paid are those paid to private security "contractors", that's the real market rate - I believe in Iraq it was easily £1000 a day.
                      I believe you are the cretin here.

I never said anything about private secuity contractors, all I said; is people serving in the armed forces get a good rate of pay. They get more than nurses, police and even firefighters risking their lives every time they are called out to a fire. The only risk to the armed forces, is when they actively go to fight in a war zone. They are rewarded accordingly for it through one of the highest rates of pay in work which requires little qualifications, except being medically fit, to join up.

Anyway your poor example of private contractors is laughable. That is like saying a permie employee has a rougher deal than a contractor doing the same job as the contractor has an easy life with a huge paypacket. We all know that is far from the truth.

Private defense firms get paid so much because they often muddy their hands with work that national armed forces shouldnt be doing.

Comment

Working...
                      X