• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nobody mentioned Norway yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick are you a frustrated journalist or just a ghoul?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I don't think it's ghoulish to have a curiosity about what motivates people to do such things. Without understanding motivation, we can never reduce likelihood of recurrence.

Comment

I know that you think our time on this earth has no purpose beyond garnering material wealth, but there are those of us who think that a modicum of knowledge and understanding are also worth striving for.

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
        I don't think it's ghoulish to have a curiosity about what motivates people to do such things. Without understanding motivation, we can never reduce likelihood of recurrence.
        WKS.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I know that you think our time on this earth has no purpose beyond garnering material wealth, but there are those of us who think that a modicum of knowledge and understanding are also worth striving for.
          He's not that bright.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            He's not that bright.
            I would respond to that but I'm busy watching two grown men beat the crap out of each other on Channel 5.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I would respond to that but I'm busy watching two grown men beat the crap out of each other on Channel 5.
              On your second change of underwear yet?

Comment

It seems obvious the bomb blast was to cause a distraction while he went about eliminating all the youth Labou party supporters.

Seems like an extreme decision to get rid of future politicians. I can understand this kind of angst in countries where there is repression, corruption and general lack of respect to human rights etc. But Norway ? How deranged do you have to be to kill kids in cold blood?
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  It seems obvious the bomb blast was to cause a distraction while he went about eliminating all the youth Labou party supporters.

Seems like an extreme decision to get rid of future politicians. I can understand this kind of angst in countries where there is repression, corruption and general lack of respect to human rights etc. But Norway ? How deranged do you have to be to kill kids in cold blood?
                  I think the Norwegian government and people have been naïve. Norway has ended up with a polarization of culture and extremists being the same as the UK.
                  Last edited by Paddy; 23 July 2011, 23:38.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    How deranged do you have to be to kill kids in cold blood?
                    "Breivik's lawyer says that his client has stated that he felt terrible when doing the killings, but they were necessary for his cause."

That deranged.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      I think the Norwegian government and people have been naïve. Norway has ended up with a polarization of culture and extremists being the same as the UK.
                      That's pretty much what he says in his book - in fact, that's his core message

Comment

Working...
                      X