• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We demand equal Rights.....sometimes!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Since most of the women on this board will be retiring at the same time as you guys there isn't an issue any more.

The issue with the women in their late 50's is retirement planning.

Mucking around with people's retirement age when they are a few years off the age they thought they would retire means that people can't plan properly i.e. investments being in the wrong thing meaning they have lost money, taking money out of their pension at the wrong time, insurance policies.

However the issue on retirement age is actually bigger than these women and the problem is caused by issues that all governments have refused to face until recently.
    Serious Answer Time:

Anyone who is relying on solely their state pension has bigger problems than waiting an extra 5 years to draw it, be it man, woman or cretin.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      OK well there you go then. Let people retire whenever they like, after 6 years they can either support themselves or top themselves. That would save the NHS a fortune as well.
      Or reduce the total national pension outlay and let over-65s fight for it in a series of OAP Death Matches.

Could be great TV.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Serious Answer Time:

Anyone who is relying on solely their state pension has bigger problems than waiting an extra 5 years to draw it, be it man, woman or cretin.
        I remember watching something a couple of years ago where a pension expert went though the pension planning of low paid shop workers.

Two were in their mid-20s and one was paying into a private pension. The pension expert worked out the one who was not paying into their private pension under current rules would be better off on retirement.

In short it currently depends on how much you earn whether just relying on the state is a good idea or not.

Interestedly their colleague who was about 30 years older was paying into the shop pension scheme but as it was final salary would be better off than both of them.......
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Or reduce the total national pension outlay and let over-65s fight for it in a series of OAP Death Matches.

Could be great TV.
          Even though the Glaswegians die younger I bet they would give those OAPs from the likes of Kensington and Chelsea a run for their money.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Interestedly their colleague who was about 30 years older was paying into the shop pension scheme but as it was final salary would be better off than both of them.......
            Right up until the point that it was retrospectively changed to some lame-assed Money Purchase scheme, at which point it would plummet in value, leaving them almost as skint as their younger workmates.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Problem is the cost of it.

There aren't enough young people to support pensioners who are living whether in good or bad health for 35 years without working. Pensions where designed for people to live about a maximum 6 years after they stopped working.
              And what young people there are will find it harder to get jobs because the old farts aren’t retiring, have they thought this through?
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                have they thought this through?
                Do they ever?
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Do they ever?
                  Keep calm and carry on™

Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Women are considered the weaker sex and start losing their agility at work sooner than the hard toughened blokes. Hence the need for them to retire early. The retirement age for women should be lowered not raised. We are headed towards third world standards with such measures.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Child birth takes a lot from the female body, check out Beenies's boobies as an example. It is the people who retire at 16 on pseudo pensions that deserve the outrage

Comment

Working...
                      X