• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We demand equal Rights.....sometimes!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Well I admit that is a good point, however that would apply to some people regardless of when you make the introduction date, surely?
    No. If you adopt a plan of killing all newborn girls for the next five years you can then implement it in the future safe in the knowledge that there will be no complaints.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Well I admit that is a good point, however that would apply to some people regardless of when you make the introduction date, surely?
      According to the male* pension experts I've watched on TV since Friday you need at a minimum of 10 years to put a change in so people aren't disadvantaged with their pension planning i.e. when you move your investments from say shares to cash, or move from full-time work to part-time work.

Hence all us younger people knowing we are going to retire at 66-68 aren't disadvantaged if they tell us now that we can't officially retire until we are 69 now but will be if they turn around when we are 62 and tell us we can officially retire at 70.

*Sorry the female ones have just made me switch off as they just moan it's unfair without explaining why.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

How about we stop paying Pensions to Alzheimers sufferers? They won't notice anyway, and their money can be split between those who are still compos mentis to take up some of the slack?

Just a suggestion.............
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I think the answer is to phase it in so that people who are 50 now still retire when they expect, people who are 48 will retire a year later and so on down to 40 year olds who will retire the full 5 years later.

The advantage of this scheme is that it can easily be extended to school leavers who will be retiring in their mid 70s.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            No. If you adopt a plan of killing all newborn girls for the next five years you can then implement it in the future safe in the knowledge that there will be no complaints.
            Since women under 56 will be retiring at the same age as men there isn't a reason to kill baby girls.

Comment

How about we stop paying Pensions to Alzheimers sufferers? They won't notice anyway, and their money can be split between those who are still compos mentis to take up some of the slack?

Just a suggestion.............
              They'll own go and spend it on Alzheimer's drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                According to the male* pension experts I've watched on TV since Friday you need at a minimum of 10 years to put a change in so people aren't disadvantaged with their pension planning i.e. when you move your investments from say shares to cash, or move from full-time work to part-time work.

Hence all us younger people knowing we are going to retire at 66-68 aren't disadvantaged if they tell us now that we can't officially retire until we are 69 now but will be if they turn around when we are 62 and tell us we can officially retire at 70.

*Sorry the female ones have just made me switch off as they just moan it's unfair without explaining why.
                But don't these changes only really impact the State Pension anyway? Nobody gets the chance to do much planning over that anyway...........except wayward Chancellors like Gordon, who wisely chose to invest it so prudently into single mums and various other immoral yet costly parts of the Welfare State.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  I think the answer is to phase it in so that people who are 50 now still retire when they expect, people who are 48 will retire a year later and so on down to 40 year olds who will retire the full 5 years later.

The advantage of this scheme is that it can easily be extended to school leavers who will be retiring in their mid 70s.
                  Problem is the cost of it.

There aren't enough young people to support pensioners who are living whether in good or bad health for 35 years without working. Pensions where designed for people to live about a maximum 6 years after they stopped working.

Comment

But don't these changes only really impact the State Pension anyway? Nobody gets the chance to do much planning over that anyway...........except wayward Chancellors like Gordon, who wisely chose to invest it so prudently into single mums and various other immoral yet costly parts of the Welfare State.
                    Indirectly they impact public sector pensions, private pensions, mortgages and insurance related to earnings i.e. PHI. Insurance companies and pension companies relate their age limits to the state pension age.

Also I've met people (mainly in the finance industry) who actually do proper pension planning for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Problem is the cost of it.

There aren't enough young people to support pensioners who are living whether in good or bad health for 35 years without working. Pensions where designed for people to live about a maximum 6 years after they stopped working.
                      OK well there you go then. Let people retire whenever they like, after 6 years they can either support themselves or top themselves. That would save the NHS a fortune as well.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X