• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Six Sigma Blackbelt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once a Company abandons all use of common sense, and promotes enough incompetents to positions of influence, it leaves itself wide open to this type of corporate piffle.
    Whilst it may have some limited value on a production line mass-producing widgets, it has little applicability amongst a workforce used to showing initiative.
    So it is spreading like wildfire across middle-management Britain.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I once got invited a "Kaizen" event where manufacturing process improvements were to be discussed. About 6 hours into the day I asked the chair person "what is the difference between a Kaizen event and a meeting?". I never did get an answer.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

And that's not all of it.

Just wait until they start smacking you with TIMWOOD/TIMPWOOD
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          And that's not all of it.

Just wait until they start smacking you with TIMPWOOD
          Anyone ever been subjected to Kepner Tregoe?

A whole course, presumably designed for people unencumbered by any innate sense of progressive logic, which attempts to instil an ability to engage your brain whilst problem solving.
          Ought only to be given to insomniacs with allergic reactions to strong sedatives.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Anyone ever been subjected to Kepner Tregoe?

A whole course, presumably designed for people unencumbered by any innate sense of progressive logic, which attempts to instil an ability to engage your brain whilst problem solving.
            Ought only to be given to insomniacs with allergic reactions to strong sedatives.
            It seems like common sense to me. I'm all for teaching ****wits to think methodically. As long as I don't have to sit through it.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              I'm all for teaching ****wits to think methodically.
              Far easier said than done, tragically.
              You might as well try explaining the housing market to AtW.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                It seems like common sense to me. I'm all for teaching ****wits to think methodically. As long as I don't have to sit through it.
                After an hour and a half meeting with me and just as I was about to explain Kimble methodology he said to me 'sorry nothing else is going in now my brain has shut off'

Come to mention it. He did mention Sas. Mmmm?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  After an hour and a half meeting with me and just as I was about to explain kimballmethodology he said to me 'sorry nothing else is going in now my brain has shut off'

Come to mention it. He did mention Sas. Mmmm?
                  FTFY but you could at least get his surname right.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    FTFY but you could at least get his surname right.
                    If you're going to go around correcting people at least get it right. I was talking about the famous Dr Richard Kimble.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Sounds like the sort of bollux sasguru would be studying in his garden shed, in an attempt to secure his first above min wage job.

Comment

Working...
                      X