• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

aaarrgghhh Office 2007

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I elected to stick with the old interface when I got 2007
    I thought AtW's whole argument was that you were forced to use the ribbon?

I'm now using 2010 at home, but I know most others aren't so I always send .doc. If anyone has 2010, they can still read it.
    .docx was the native format in 2007 as well as 2010. I thought 2003 had it as well but maybe that was an optional bolt-on?

Most I work with can read .docx but I do often use .doc since I'm not quite sure what the benefits of .docx are (apart from for the poor developers who write tools to understand the files).
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      The whole point of Windows, x86 is that you have legacy - never throw away decades of investment like this, if you have something new make sure old classic options are still in place even if they are off by default.
      So by using that argument, every store that uses a web interface should also have a CRT with green screen just in case they want to type everything in by hand like they used to.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I thought AtW's whole argument was that you were forced to use the ribbon?
        You weren't forced to use it with 2007.
        Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        .docx was the native format in 2007 as well as 2010. I thought 2003 had it as well but maybe that was an optional bolt-on?
        Interesting. I used Word 2007 quite a lot and my default save was .doc, not .docx. I don't remember configuring it to do that.

I'm beginning to wonder if there were two versions of 2007 about.

Comment

Try search cmds from Microsoft labs saves a lot of 'Ribbon Rage'.

Search Commands
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            You weren't forced to use it with 2007.
            Interesting. I used Word 2007 quite a lot and my default save was .doc, not .docx. I don't remember configuring it to do that.

I'm beginning to wonder if there were two versions of 2007 about.
            I've had several work laptop iterations with Office 2007 on and they all defaulted to .docx save format so I configured them for .doc which is a simple option.
            I never found a way to replicate 2003 menu style interfaces and got used to the ribbon, but on a laptop screen I find it takes up too much screen space for my taste and I really don't see the (well any if I'm brutally honest) benefit of the ribbon.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              So by using that argument, every store that uses a web interface should also have a CRT with green screen just in case they want to type everything in by hand like they used to.
              I look on it more like the grille on a BMW, been around for decades, subtly changed not too look out of date, everyone recognises it and knows what it signifies*. Same with the standard Windows menu interface. Should have tweaked but left alone.

*You might think it signifies "The driver of this car is a tw@t", but that's not my point.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

When I fisrt started using 2007 I hated the front end but it's not going anywhere fast so there is little point maintaining the use of the old one. In 2010, the ribbon is still there, although it doesn't take up quite so much of the screen and a lot of the functionality hidden behind the big blob in the top left seems to have been shifted elsewhere.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Must admit when I upgraded to Office2010 I hated it but now really like it.

Comment

Working...
                  X