• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT Bugbears

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Its a problem in the latest version. Right click a file and select send via email. Then try and look for something in another previous email. I'm not sure what the cause is but its tuliply annoying.
    Heh - I've never tried that, I just drag the file onto an open email.

Looks like outlook 2007 does the same thing, how bizarre. Probably a bug which keeps being passed between the outlook and windows development teams
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      "Keyhole surgery" file selection windows no larger than a postage stamp. Why are they always so damned small?!

File selection windows that "forget" a previously chosen path, painstakingly selected only a minute earlier, and always start in "My Documents"
      the fact that most apps force you to use the numpty folder view meaning you always always always have to set to detailed view and then sort by data or name whatever - if it remembered the view you use for windows all you'd have to do is click the column you want to order by but NO they force you to use the thumbnail view (which is useless when not looking for pics)
      sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Women in IT who try too hard to be one of the boys.

You know who you are and it's embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          I shall start calling this behaviour "Suity software".
          Fixed the obvious.
          Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
          Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

specifications that gallop away to the horizons
            data profiling that gives you a pass but fails when you go to dev.

users 'just change this'.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
              [*]American Dates: They always bite my ass at some point in a project no matter how culture neutral I make my code.
              I assume you've never dated an American, let alone been bitten in the ass by one. If you did, you'd have bigger and more interesting problems to rant about than "whether to put the 16 before the 05 or vice-versa".
              Der going over der to get der der's.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Why can't anal language and interface designers realise that informative, categoric error messages for humans are far more important in time saving and reliability than their obsessive desire for technical purity, consistency and other such abstract nonsense?
                Bring back the Guru Meditation messages
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Women in IT who try too hard to be one of the boys.

You know who you are and it's embarrassing.
                  Not to mention the men who try too hard to be one of the boys. You know who you are, and it doesn't suit you.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The undo functionality in Visio - in fact, Visio in general.

The way the SQL Server 2008 Management Studio intellisense operates differently to Visual Studio's.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                      The undo functionality in Visio - in fact, Visio in general.
                      As with SSIS there is a dark art to Visio.

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                      The way the SQL Server 2008 Management Studio intellisense operates differently to Visual Studio's.
                      It is irritating, the number of times I've typed out "case when col is null" only to have it changed to "case when col ISDATE null"
                      Last edited by Spacecadet; 16 May 2011, 22:08.
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X