• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT Bugbears

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Users?
    You beat me to it.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Getting the latest release of an open source library, only to find that
      Code:
      void DoSomething(string anInput)
      has been deprecated, in favour of
      Code:
      void DoSomething(InputMode anInputMode, EnterpriseFactoryManagerFactory emfm, 
                     AlmostCompletelyUndocumentedThing acut, string anInput)

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        You beat me to it.

Sorry
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

apps that crash when you lose your connection to a VPN, only one I know does this but it is so phenomenally annoying that it makes me hate the world
          sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Internet explorer - when clientco forces this as the only option
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Citrix

Comment

Having keyboard focus stolen while I am typing, usually by something I started 5 mins ago that has taken that long to get going.

Anti virus / anti malware software that causes my computer to grind to a halt, contributing to the problem above.

Not having lots of RAM and a speedy hard disk / SSD on client laptop.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

American Dates
                  American spelling generally. Since doing HTML I can never spell centre or colour properly.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Citrix
                    When implemented well Citrix can be really good.
                    The problem is that it is very very rarely implemented well
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                      ...[/list][*]A pet peeve at the moment - apps that assume you want the German version just because your computer is set to a German speaking time zone. I have to assume that some of these would fling Japanese at me if I were in Tokyo, and I can't read Japanese.[*]Ditto with web apps who assume the local language based on your IP address.[/list]

I'm sure there's more...
                      Websites that offer you French or German, just because your IP address is in Switzerland, when you KNOW for sure they have an English version of the site.

Vista. (On one client's laptop).
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X