• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does and Dont's of growing old

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Do you say 'coolio' as well? Or 'fab' or 'gear'?
    I said I was under 40, I never mentioned anything about being a ****.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      I say cool a lot, but then I am the young side of 40 so I can get away with it.
      thing is 'cool' is no longer cool, its used more by peeps in their 30's but not as a statement of how awesome something is but more an afirmation - you don't tend to hear young 'uns saying cool much
      sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Do you say 'coolio' as well? Or 'fab' or 'gear'?
        I say 'boss', 'rad' or 'crucial!'
        sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
          I say 'boss', 'rad' or 'crucial!'
          What about 'blad'? Or do you have to be black for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            Might as well kill myself now
            Don't give us false hope!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

thing is 'cool' is no longer cool, its used more by peeps in their 30's but not as a statement of how awesome something is but more an afirmation - you don't tend to hear young 'uns saying cool much
              Surely 30 somethings would say it's non heinous ?
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

But it's now cool to say cool where I live, and it features in a fair few adverts too.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Don't call people "Old boy", or "Old fruit" (means something else these days).

Oh, and for flip's sake don't say "dash it all".

(I know an 80 year old who is guilty on all counts.)
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

you don't tend to hear young 'uns saying cool much
                    Which is exactly why it's still cool for older people to say it.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

What about 'blad'? Or do you have to be black for that?
                      blud. Meaning blood, or kin.

"bare" is apparently the current adjective replacing "good". But that was two weeks ago so it has probably changed now...
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X