• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cycling training

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    assuming that your "2" is less than "2.5" yes.

However, considering you're gaining 10% with your rounding in that case why just stick to integers?
    Because I compared wattages rather than updating my script to increase the precision for the forces which I didn't compare. Now you're comparing them despite my pointing out this lack of precision for the forces in the post

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Because I compared wattages rather than updating my script to increase the precision for the forces which I didn't compare. Now you're comparing them despite my pointing out this lack of precision for the forces in the post
      I didn't read the post, the figures caught my eye.

Comment

I use Schwalbe City Jets on my mountain bike, they easily add a few mph to the average over knobbly tyres.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Plus; if you try tabata intervals on the turbo trainer/exercise bike, you'll find that it improves your VO2 max (maximum oxygen uptake) and your heart rate recovery much quicker than constant pace cycling; you still need to do the long slow mileage, but add in two sessions of tabata intervals per week. Google tabata, but basically it amounts to this;

20 seconds flat out, 10 seconds rest, 20 seconds flat out, 10 seconds rest and so on; repeat 8 times, then rest a few minutes, then do it again.
          if your able to do this again you've not done it correctly the first time, its designed as a one set, maximum effort exercise to be done max fortnightly/monthly

Tabata Training - The fastest way to fitness and fat loss

Comment

Originally posted by downsouth View Post
            if your able to do this again you've not done it correctly the first time, its designed as a one set, maximum effort exercise to be done max fortnightly/monthly

Tabata Training - The fastest way to fitness and fat loss
            That is songbird stew. Also known as Boiled larks.

In the original study the exercise was done 4 times a week. That site is all about weight loss, these methods were actually developed for highly trained athletes who had reached a plateau and couldn't increase their performance any further by simply doing more low intensity training.

I would go so far as to say if you aren't fit enough that you can do it again after a rest, you probably shouldn't be doing it in the first place.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Don't know about cutting out on greasy food. Cycling to the chippy is good exercise, then on the way back you have to cycle really quick with the extra weight to get home while it's still warm. Mixing it up...
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Don't know about cutting out on greasy food. Cycling to the chippy is good exercise, then on the way back you have to cycle really quick with the extra weight to get home while it's still warm. Mixing it up...
                Cycling to the pub then cycling home via the chippy is even better....
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  Cycling to the pub then cycling home via the chippy is even better....
                  Indeed, great balance training.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    I would go so far as to say if you aren't fit enough that you can do it again after a rest, you probably shouldn't be doing it in the first place.
                    indeed
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Have you got one of those little satellite tracker thingies? I use one for jogging.

PS Brighton - bloody nuiances clogging up our roads, cycling should be a criminal offence.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X