• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drugs is a mugs game...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    An overpriced chair?
    Well seeing how he speaks out of his @rse out of most of the time it does warrant that little bit of luxury.
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Got to love that "choosing not to go to university" is the same as "failing to get a degree". No wonder you're bitter, you've "failed" at virtually everything:
      • Curing cancer
      • Curing aids
      • Fixing the economy
      • Fixing the potholes in your road
      • etc

Damn I mean I only got the one degree, I failed to get the other 3, failed to get a PhD, ... what a miserable depressing way to view life.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        That is kind of saying you could have ran the marathon but never tried so you kind of ran it anyway.

Churchill, you never got the grades, you never went through the years of doing a degree, you just never met the academic standard. Harsh but true. You are a thicko and society deemed that they did not want to spend money educating you past school age.
        What grades are you talking about?

A' Levels?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Commando Humour
          Jokes about not wearing any pants?
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Fakes are between 600 and 900 and that is what people without degrees buy.

Real ones are 5,500.
            You mean you didn't manage to afford two? What a failure, people with 6 degrees would.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Jokes about not wearing any pants?
              Cheerfulness in the face of adversity - which pretty much means yeah, no pants!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                In all seriousness, some of the qualifications you could never hope to attain.

Courage
                Unity
                Determination
                Adaptability
                Unselfishness
                Humility
                Cheerfulness
                Professional Standards
                Fortitude
                Commando Humour

Any of the above strike a chord with you?
                That is like one of these motivation posters placed on walls in American banks.

"So Churchill what can you bring to this role?"

"Commando Humour"

"So ingonito what can you bring to this role?"

"Been trying for years to get a degree, I might get it finished soon"

"So minestrone what can you bring to this role?"

"BEng Hons, Bsc, Msc"

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                  A degree is not a sign of intelligence or a measure of success.
                  Absolutely right, if you can get 'A' levels (and these days, have £9K) then you can get a degree. The amount of original thought at degree level is minimal, it's more a case of staying the distance and regurgetating other peoples work. Original thought comes at M.Sc and Ph.D level.
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

That is kind of saying you could have ran the marathon but never tried so you kind of ran it anyway.

Churchill, you never got the grades, you never went through the years of doing a degree, you just never met the academic standard. Harsh but true. You are a thicko and society deemed that they did not want to spend money educating you past school age.
                    You see, that is you right down to the bone. A bitter, bitter nasty little individual.

There is such a thing as choice. I dossed about a bit in my last years of school and did not get as good grades as I should have. I made a lifestyle choice not to goto Uni and waste four years there to get a pass. I knew I did not have the willpower at that stage to knuckle down and study. I chose to join the RN. I joined with a trade which involved engineering college. I did not enjoy it, I chose to transfer across to be a diver.

My lifestyle choices haven't harmed me. I have been contracting since 2001. I have been on a rate of £500 a day since at least 2005 (give or take a year). I am now permie on a very, very good wage. I am considered in the top 1% of the UK earners.

I have a beautiful girlfriend and a roof over my head. I have no regrets in my life and now I am studying a law degree through the OU for personal interest as I now don't feel it necessary to be out partying from Tuesday to Sunday.

Four years at University at the age of 17 would not have improved on any of that. I am happy with my lot in life, I seriously hope you are happy with what you have. I would not criticise your choices in life though as I don't know you.
                    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

That is like one of these motivation posters placed on walls in American banks.

"So Churchill what can you bring to this role?"

"Commando Humour"

"So ingonito what can you bring to this role?"

"Been trying for years to get a degree, I might get it finished soon"

"So minestrone what can you bring to this role?"

"BEng Hons, Bsc, Msc"
                      Sorry Mr Minestrone that isn't what's required for this role. For all your academic brilliance, as impressive as it may appear to some, it tells us nothing about what you can do, who you are and how you can conduct yourself in given circumstances.

Come back when you've got a life.

Oh and good luck with the chair.

Comment

Working...
                      X