• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fry up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can any of the Sweaties explain what all the strange tulip is in a "Full Scottish":

Bacon, Sausage, Beans, Egg, Hash Browns, Mushrooms & Black pud - I can understand

But:
    Burger? - Well something that looks and tastes like burger
    (Deep fried) Pancake? (or Flannel)
    Some sort of lumpy dark "minced" sort of tulip? (I really don't know how to describe it)

All these "odd" things experienced in Hotels in Glasgae.

Any help appreciated
    Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
    Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
      Can any of the Sweaties explain what all the strange tulip is in a "Full Scottish":

Bacon, Sausage, Beans, Egg, Hash Browns, Mushrooms & Black pud - I can understand

But:

Some sort of lumpy dark "minced" sort of tulip? (I really don't know how to describe it)

Any help appreciated
      Most likely to be square sausage! Manna from heaven it is too, especially on a roll with cheese and brown sauce!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Most likely to be square sausage! Manna from heaven it is too, especially on a roll with cheese and brown sauce!
        So a Burger - by another name?
        Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
        Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

More than likely this is a Potato cake
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

But:

Any help appreciated
            Lorne Sausage, Tattie Scone, Haggis.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Nooo, this is the point I am making. The traditional greasy spoon uses such nasty cheapo sausages that the fat n' crap content makes you crave it when hungover.

If you knew what went in it, you'd never eat it.
              I believe it was Otto von Bismarck who said: "In order to remain respectful of laws and sausages, one should never seem them in the process of being made".
              "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                I believe it was Otto von Bismarck who said: "In order to remain respectful of laws and sausages, one should never seem them in the process of being made".
                Not Otto I'm afraid, but the sentiment stands.

Otto von Bismarck - Wikiquote
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightship
                  Now, THIS is a breakfast!

Impressive. Doubt anyone with a normal stomach could fit all that in, though some might die trying.

Mario’s Cafe Bar in Westhoughton, UK, serves the biggest full English breakfast in the world, according to Guinness World Records. The Ultimate Breakfast costs £10.95 and consists of 10 eggs, 10 sausages, 10 rashers of bacon, 10 slices of toast, five black pudding slices, tomatoes, mushrooms, and baked beans for a total of about 5,000 calories. If you eat it in 20 minutes, you can get it for free.
                  The Biggest Full English Breakfast in the World | Serious Eats

Could you take on the biggest English breakfast in the world? | Mail Online
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Most likely to be square sausage! Manna from heaven it is too!
                    Finest beef product known to man if made well. You can usually tell the crap stuff if the meat looks like paste as it would have been put though a... pasting machine. Far healthier for you ( oh the irony) as the fat drips out unlike a link and means the sausage gets nice a cripsy.

especially on a roll with cheese and brown sauce!
                    Red sauce for beef, brown sauce for lamb and pork, thems the rules.

Comment

Brown sauce for really rotten food, since only then will it improve the taste.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X