• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Fry up

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fry up"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Brown sauce for really rotten food, since only then will it improve the taste.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Most likely to be square sausage! Manna from heaven it is too!
    Finest beef product known to man if made well. You can usually tell the crap stuff if the meat looks like paste as it would have been put though a... pasting machine. Far healthier for you ( oh the irony) as the fat drips out unlike a link and means the sausage gets nice a cripsy.

especially on a roll with cheese and brown sauce!
    Red sauce for beef, brown sauce for lamb and pork, thems the rules.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Lightship
    Now, THIS is a breakfast!

Impressive. Doubt anyone with a normal stomach could fit all that in, though some might die trying.

Mario’s Cafe Bar in Westhoughton, UK, serves the biggest full English breakfast in the world, according to Guinness World Records. The Ultimate Breakfast costs £10.95 and consists of 10 eggs, 10 sausages, 10 rashers of bacon, 10 slices of toast, five black pudding slices, tomatoes, mushrooms, and baked beans for a total of about 5,000 calories. If you eat it in 20 minutes, you can get it for free.
    The Biggest Full English Breakfast in the World | Serious Eats

Could you take on the biggest English breakfast in the world? | Mail Online

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    I believe it was Otto von Bismarck who said: "In order to remain respectful of laws and sausages, one should never seem them in the process of being made".
    Not Otto I'm afraid, but the sentiment stands.

Otto von Bismarck - Wikiquote

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Nooo, this is the point I am making. The traditional greasy spoon uses such nasty cheapo sausages that the fat n' crap content makes you crave it when hungover.

If you knew what went in it, you'd never eat it.
    I believe it was Otto von Bismarck who said: "In order to remain respectful of laws and sausages, one should never seem them in the process of being made".

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
    Can any of the Sweaties explain what all the strange tulip is in a "Full Scottish":

Bacon, Sausage, Beans, Egg, Hash Browns, Mushrooms & Black pud - I can understand

But:
    Burger? - Well something that looks and tastes like burger
    (Deep fried) Pancake? (or Flannel)
    Some sort of lumpy dark "minced" sort of tulip? (I really don't know how to describe it)

All these "odd" things experienced in Hotels in Glasgae.

Any help appreciated
    Lorne Sausage, Tattie Scone, Haggis.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    More than likely this is a Potato cake

Leave a comment:

• Wodewick
    replied
    Most likely to be square sausage! Manna from heaven it is too, especially on a roll with cheese and brown sauce!
    So a Burger - by another name?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Can any of the Sweaties explain what all the strange tulip is in a "Full Scottish":

Bacon, Sausage, Beans, Egg, Hash Browns, Mushrooms & Black pud - I can understand

But:

Some sort of lumpy dark "minced" sort of tulip? (I really don't know how to describe it)

Any help appreciated
    Most likely to be square sausage! Manna from heaven it is too, especially on a roll with cheese and brown sauce!

Leave a comment:

• Wodewick
    replied

But:

Any help appreciated

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Just you. Beans and egg yolk mixed up is perfect for dipping sausages in.
    I agree but don't get tomato ketchup in your egg yolk, that's just WRONG!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    courgettes is a bit of a wtf moment

but my pet hate is beans and egg - they sooo don't mix - or is it just me??

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    yes.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    courgettes is a bit of a wtf moment

but my pet hate is beans and egg - they sooo don't mix - or is it just me??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X