• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permiedom shame

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went there, did that for 2 years, got made redundant 4 weeks ago. Back contracting again

Congratulations, good luck and hope it all works out!
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Fool!!

Every time it is appraisal time, I get a feeling of horror - as appraisals at my place are not even salary linked - pretty pointless.

More seriously - congrats. Sounds like the right decision. Is it nice and local for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
        Each opportunity is different, but fortune favours the brave.

Do you remember Beltane Fire ?

Comment

Also regrettably considering permiedom. The shame. Will only do it if is as good a deal as it sounds though (which it probably isn't)

Comment

Thanks all. Sadly no Vectra Diesel company car.

It's about 25 minute drive, or 20 minutes on the train with a bit of walking at either end. I'll probably plan on taking the train, get pissed off in the first week, and use my car. Nice to have the option though. I used to do more or less the same commute in reverse many years ago.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Thanks all. Sadly no Vectra Diesel company car.

It's about 25 minute drive, or 20 minutes on the train with a bit of walking at either end. I'll probably plan on taking the train, get pissed off in the first week, and use my car. Nice to have the option though. I used to do more or less the same commute in reverse many years ago.
              well done!

no need to go anywhere though, there seems to be quite a few permies here - plus if you need to take on any contractors in the future....
              sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Well done. Absolutely no problem with dipping in and dipping out so to speak.

Always take the best deals on offer regardless of whether they are perm or contract. (See you back here next year )
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

VectraMan is a witch!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                    Every time it is appraisal time, I get a feeling of horror
                    I'm not surprised.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

+1. Nearly 6 months into permiedom now. The appraisal sh1te has been a pretty easy hurdle to grin & bear, otherwise going good, topping up my CV how I wanted. I'll give it another 6-9 months and get all my hols out of the way before I start looking at the contract market again probably.

Comment

Working...
                      X