• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Girl

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    No matter where you are in the world there will always be a pissed aggressive Glaswegian loudly shouting about devolution.

Trekking in Laos stayed over at a village in the middle of nowhere. Pissed aggressive Glaswegian.
    Xmas eve bar in Khatmandu. Pissed aggressive Glaswegian.
    Small island in the South of Thailand. Pissed aggressive Glaswegian.
    Having a drink in my local. Pissed aggressive Glaswegian.
    Went for a drink in Bears Den(? is that how it's spelt) - full of pissed aggressive Glaswegians

I reckon if I sit at my desk long enough looking out of the window, some jimmy is going to come waltzing up the street, bouncing off the cars, buckfast in one hand, chips in another wanting to fight anyone he can see!
    They train them from young:

Comment

Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
      who is sasguru?
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        I know how the trick works, but I prefer to actually get the work done.
        me three, truly great thing about contracting is the internal political arse-sucking sycophancy becomes even less important, I learned to play the game as a perm but could help wishing I could be doing more real work.
        sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
          They train them from young:

You should come to where I live for a weekend (Isle Of Bute) where your trainee aggressive pissed up Weedgie bams come on holiday.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            WSS

Who isn't sasguru? He is everyone and no-one. He is the voice of despair whispering to your soul in the dark hours, and his are the words of the cut-price garden shed salesman pleading for your attention as you buy a simple bag of compost.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              Then he espies the taxi queue, draws himself up and starts to hurl unintelligable abuse at us, it was quite impressive considering how plastered he was.

dahn south you get quite a few northerners and scottish matlows and I had a very similar experience with a midget ginger scot, but he wanted to punch my lights out because I had the audacity to turn round to see what was touching my back, he had opened a pizza box, the lid touched my back I turned round to see what it was and all hell broke loose...

forget a woman scorned, a pissed Glaswegian is far far harder to placate
              sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

Comment

WSS

Who isn't sasguru? He is everyone and no-one. He is the voice of despair whispering to your soul in the dark hours, and his are the words of the cut-price garden shed salesman pleading for your attention as you buy a simple bag of compost.
                you shouldn't post when you've been doing drugs OG

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  I think it comes under East Dunbartonshire, definitley not Glasgow. It's only pretend posh, Milngavie is the place to be apparently
                  Thats the other place Milngavie. Pronounced Moorguy! Who'd have guessed that!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    you shouldn't post when you've been doing drugs OG

Pot..

Kettle....
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

WSS

as a relative noob on the forum most of the in-jokes and character assassinations go over my head, I obviously know he is a regular but the rest is lost on me.

Comment

Working...
                      X