• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cameron: State multiculturalism has failed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having questioned muslims on the Aisha thing I got quite a variety of answers. Remember that history is not as simple as reading a few things from some propaganda websites. The guy posting insults on this forum is just as much a menace as the extremists he condemns. There is a difference between dialogue and hate speech. And you and all extremists are actually a lot more similar that you make out to be. For a starts you are all hate mongers.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Actually I think too much is made of the Aisha thing, it is not a major issue and I don't know why somebody always trots it out. Paedophilia is common anywhere where there are not strict and rigidly reinforced laws against it. It is rife in the third world and you could easily buy a seven year old for sex in Victorian England.
      Or shag a 12-year-old in Spain today.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        How do you reach that conclusion?

To me that obviously means: 'people who do not obey the law in a free country should not be left alone'.

Are you Tony Bliar?
        Perhaps I should have expanded the quote (Xog has provided the link for the whole speech):

'Frankly, we need a lot less of the passive tolerance of recent years and much more active, muscular liberalism.

A passively tolerant society says to its citizens: as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone.'

I think it's quite clear that he is saying that obeying the law is not sufficient to be 'left alone'.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
          The Guardian are champion drinking tax dodgers. They moan about capitalism but they're profits are all made in a taxhaven the hypocrits
          Where the **** did you learn English?

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
            There will always be those with extreme beliefs - remember the docu. on Israel the other day. Now I agree Islamic Extremists are far more dangerous - but obliterating extremist thought is nearly impossible.

As for integration - any chance of improving the national anthem to something other than praise for a person who was just lucky to be born into the right family?
            FWIW, the national anthem praises the Queen who is the ruling monarch of this country, not the queen as a person.

Hth.

Comment

"lucky to be born into the right family" is the relevant phrase here I think. It is the hereditary principle behind her appointment that sucks. The current queen does a good job but if things follow normal procedure we will soon have be an utter twat on the throne.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Hmmm bit of a cheap, predictable political shot from Cameron. He saw how Merkel boosted her popularity by expressing similar sentiments and followed suit.
                However, not a bad thing taking some of the wind out of EDL's sails - the hoi polloi Express reading types need a mainstream way of venting their visceral small-mindedness and the Tory party has always provided that.
                Damn sight more healthy for society that the "Fook you" Labour approach.
                Move on nothing to see here
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Where the **** did you learn English?
                  Somewhere between Kensington and Broadstone
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    FWIW, the national anthem praises the Queen who is the ruling monarch of this country, not the queen as a person.

Hth.
                    Quite.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      "lucky to be born into the right family" is the relevant phrase here I think. It is the hereditary principle behind her appointment that sucks. The current queen does a good job but if things follow normal procedure we will soon have be an utter twat on the throne.
                      Rather that than another 11 years of President Bliar's 15 year reign.

Followed by President Milliband, or any other career politician scumbag.
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X