• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cameron: State multiculturalism has failed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Islamic takeover of the old working class areas of London, Birmingham, Yorkshire was fine. Anyone who complained was an evil chavscum nazi.

Now the muslims are moving into the nice leafy middle class suburbs suddenly its 'multiculturalism has failed'

Blair-Clegg-Cameron-Miliband one and all.

Comment

Indeed Flashman. Noble principles always come easily to those who are not affected by the consequences.

Any coincidence that most of us tended to be more left wing in our students yoof and became more conservative once we got to be high earners? Or is it because we never personally paid the taxes that our ideology said should be distributed based on need?

We should never take anyone seriously unless they personally are making sacrifices for their stated beliefs. The genuinely tolerant and compassionate deserve to be listened too but they are a tiny minority of the sanctimonius hypocrites who run our society.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I said earier that the press was correctly quoting what Cameron said. Afraid that is not true of The Guardian whose headline is:

"David Cameron tells Muslim Britain: stop tolerating extremists"

That can be seen as blaming ordinary Muslims for not doing enough to combat extremism. Trouble is, he did not say it. Generally I respect The Guardian as an honest reporter of the facts but in this case they have lived up to their image as a peddler of slanted PC nonsense.
        bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Indeed Flashman. Noble principles always come easily to those who are not affected by the consequences.

Any coincidence that most of us tended to be more left wing in our students yoof and became more conservative once we got to be high earners? Or is it because we never personally paid the taxes that our ideology said should be distributed based on need?

We should never take anyone seriously unless they personally are making sacrifices for their stated beliefs. The genuinely tolerant and compassionate deserve to be listened too but they are a tiny minority of the sanctimonius hypocrites who run our society.
          +1
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I very much agree that the politicians really live in their own world. Even more so these days when the majority come from the public school background and are essentially professional politicians with no life experience at all.

Its very much sad that he singles out a single community when I'm sure there are many other communities which aren't integrated into British society - we just don't hear about it because it doesn't sell papers. Also, it seems that the Americans and Canadians have done a far better job of creating a pluralistic society than the europeans. Whinging about why people haven't integrated isn't a solution and that's about all Mr. Cameron has done.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
              Holding post for all the dhimmis to crawl out from under their stones and claim he's a Nazi
              Cameron should be ok, Angela Merkel said the same of Germany and no-one called her a Nazi.

BBC News - Merkel says German multicultural society has failed
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                I said earier that the press was correctly quoting what Cameron said. Afraid that is not true of The Guardian whose headline is:

"David Cameron tells Muslim Britain: stop tolerating extremists"

That can be seen as blaming ordinary Muslims for not doing enough to combat extremism. Trouble is, he did not say it. Generally I respect The Guardian as an honest reporter of the facts but in this case they have lived up to their image as a peddler of slanted PC nonsense.
                The Guardian are champion drinking tax dodgers. They moan about capitalism but they're profits are all made in a taxhaven the hypocrits
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

many other communities which aren't integrated into British society
                  Missing the point a bit there l. More integration is certainly helpful in breaking down barriers but it mainly wasn't what Cameron was talking about, he referred specifically to extreme beliefs and attitudes of some and that are inimical to our own.

As for whinging, the problems first have to be acknowledged before any solution becomes possible. Hopefully we will get beyond that and not funding extremist groups is an essential first step. We need to draw a distinct line between those and the ordinary sorts and if no such line is drawn is it hardly surprising that others treat them as the same. I repeat, there is nothing whatever in his speech that attacks all Muslims, just the Islamists.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 5 February 2011, 17:29.
                  bloggoth

Comment

Here's the text of the speech as reported by number 10 PM’s speech at Munich Security Conference | Number10.gov.uk

Yup, guardian, obviously saturday is their slowest day - needed to jump up sales a bit. Anyway, its not worth £1.90 . I always though the guardian was loseing money.
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

There will always be those with extreme beliefs - remember the docu. on Israel the other day. Now I agree Islamic Extremists are far more dangerous - but obliterating extremist thought is nearly impossible.

As for integration - any chance of improving the national anthem to something other than praise for a person who was just lucky to be born into the right family?

Comment

Working...
                      X