• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Warming costs mounting up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    That the small variations over a relatively short period in climate terms are driven mostly by natural variations, not human activity.

So taxing the tulipe out of energy usage only makes everyones std of living lower and makes feck all difference to temperature, sea levels, distruptive weather events etc, and only serves to buy Al Gore and even bigger mansion.

PHOTOS: Al Gore's New $8.875 Million Montecito Villa
    I'm always suspicious of people who are unable or unwilling to demonstrate an understanding of the alternate view to their position.

Comment

Wow, nice pad. You gotta admire that, the lizard did good.

Now that I've read Chicken Licken, where's my funding?
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        I'm always suspicious of people who are unable or unwilling to demonstrate an understanding of the alternate view to their position.
        can you give me a quick paragraph on the stance of those who are not suspicious of people who are unable or unwilling to demonstrate an understanding of the alternate view to their position ?

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          can you give me a quick paragraph on the stance of those who are not suspicious of people who are unable or unwilling to demonstrate an understanding of the alternate view to their position ?

I think you should be doing that.

Comment

The alternate view is that the temperature will rise 4 degrees by the end of the century, because of rising CO2 levels

Dream on. The way the Sun is going, now looking increasingly more like the Maunder Minimum.

Which means....a huge drop in temperatures

Starting this year.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

I think you should be doing that.
              you seriously want me to outline the cagw case ?
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                The alternate view is that the temperature will rise 4 degrees by the end of the century.

Dream on. The way the Sun is going, now looking increasingly more like the Maunder Minimum.

Which means....a huge drop in temperatures

Starting this year.
                That's just the conclusion (or rather on of the outcomes within a range) - isn't there any more to in than that?

Comment

That's just the conclusion (or rather on of the outcomes within a range) - isn't there any more to in than that?
                  All explained here:

Don J. Easterbrook, Research Publications: Global climate change | global warming
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

As long as it really does explain the alternate view and isn't just a book by a geologist rubbishing the alternate view, I'll have a look.

Comment

But the real interesting question is how are you going to explain the rapid cooling from 2010 onwards.

I'm looking forward to that one.

Lets peer into history to see what the scientists were saying in 1982:

Last edited by BlasterBates; 19 January 2011, 12:57.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X