• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minor things that really piss you off !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    This, in an MSDN code sample:
    Code:
    Console.WriteLine("Press <ENTER> to exit.");
    Pet hate: Programming books which tell you how to read files, but not how to write them.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

The toss face in front in a Merc CLK travelling at well under the speed limit in good weather and very light traffic last night who slammed on his brakes any time a vehicle came the other way or he passed a speed camera (despite being consistently well under the speed limit) and the toss face in a Passtit behind who was driving right up my exhaust pipe despite the fact that there was no realistic chance of either of us passing the Merc.

[Edit] I curse them both as they were really testing my New Year resolution not to waste time getting annoyed with morons.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        The toss face in front in a Merc CLK travelling at well under the speed limit in good weather and very light traffic last night who slammed on his brakes any time a vehicle came the other way or he passed a speed camera (despite being consistently well under the speed limit)
        Sounds like a drunk driver
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Sounds like a drunk driver
          Which one? :-)

Comment

The one other guy in the B&B coming down for breakfast at exactly the same time as me, 8:00am

Why can't people show a bit of consideration and finish their breakfast and be out of the place by 7:00am (or stay in bed until 10am), so I can have breakfast in peace without having to make awkward conversation with strangers?
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              The one other guy in the B&B coming down for breakfast at exactly the same time as me, 8:00am

Why can't people show a bit of consideration and finish their breakfast and be out of the place by 7:00am (or stay in bed until 10am), so I can have breakfast in peace without having to make awkward conversation with strangers?
              I'm angry on your behalf. Make sure you put your ipod in tomorrow morning, while reading a paper and being on the phone. He won't expect conversation then.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

the circle of hell that is company website/call centres - your web account gets locked out (due to them employing a security system no other website does) and the site says call this number except that every single fookin' option on that number takes you to a pre-recorded message telling you to use the website - can't get through to a human so can't access web account

why do companies make it so hard to use their services sometimes? All I want to do is pay them!! mad:
                sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  Which one? :-)
                  The Merc!
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    The Merc!
                    TykeMerc
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

You bunch of whining, miserable, bast@rds!

Comment

Working...
                      X