• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minor things that really piss you off !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
    Posters who have a dino avatar which spends most of last year wiping its feet, then spends this year shouting at me everytime I look at it.

ps Does he do anything else?
    The 'wiping his feet' was a bit strange.

No other tricks as yet - not until the website I linked to uploads another version.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      I know this one has been covered too, but it's annoying enough to mention again. When the cashier wodges coins followed by notes and the receipt onto your hand. Especially irritating when trying to negotiate small child out of the shop, and have a hand full of crap that I refuse to screw up into a ball and put in my bag just because the cashier is a thoughtless goon.

I know someone here has a clever method for avoiding this, but I can't remember it.
      I used to get this in UK supermarkets. I think there's a security reason behind it, but can't remember the details.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

People who insist on gettin on the tube behind you even though there is no feasible way they can fit on
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

People who won't shift their fat arses so I can get on the tube.

Comment

Fat buggers who push in on the tube when it's obvious that neither can fit on!
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

The tube generally
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                People waiting at traffic lights who seem stunned when they change from red to green and fumble through the junction just in time before they turn red again ensuring they are the only one(s) who get through. Nice - were you born stupid or have you been practicing?

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

People who form a queue behind you when you are not actually part of a queue.

Similarly, people who are in a queue but, because they are lagging so far behind the next person in it , cause you to inadvertently push in and then get treated like a war criminal for doing so.

Comment

The way the girl in my basement taps on the pipes at night in the forlorn hope that someone may hear her and rescue her from her life as a sex slave.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                      People who form a queue behind you when you are not actually part of a queue.
                      People who stand close to a queue but are not actually in it and are too engrossed with their phone to realise that where they are standing is that grey area between being in the queue and just being slow or not being in the queue and just being an idiot
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X