• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minor things that really piss you off !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I get annoyed with people (in shops/on the phone etc) calling me 'Mrs Poppins' when they don't actually know if I'm married or not
    Perhaps they are checking for opportunities. Is it young men that do this?

I get annoyed when people in shops fold up the receipt into a 2" long strip before giving it to me. I then have to unfold it to check it.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

People who dry their balls, arse or anything but their hair with the hairdryer at the gym.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

winkers who drive with 8 inches of snow on the roof of their car and then wonder why they can no longer see after they've had to brake.

Noticed about 50% of the cars today like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          People who dry their balls, arse or anything but their hair with the hairdryer at the gym.
          This is something I was never aware happened until I was enlightened by CUK.

I know this one has been covered too, but it's annoying enough to mention again. When the cashier wodges coins followed by notes and the receipt onto your hand. Especially irritating when trying to negotiate small child out of the shop, and have a hand full of crap that I refuse to screw up into a ball and put in my bag just because the cashier is a thoughtless goon.

I know someone here has a clever method for avoiding this, but I can't remember it.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Wasting an hour finding the dead bulb in the Chritmas tree lights, after previously wasting an hour looking for the spares which I put in a safe and easy to find place last year.

Oh, and having to open several boxes of lights in Tesco last year to find one where some arse hadn't already filched the spares.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

This is something I was never aware happened until I was enlightened by CUK.

I know this one has been covered too, but it's annoying enough to mention again. When the cashier wodges coins followed by notes and the receipt onto your hand. Especially irritating when trying to negotiate small child out of the shop, and have a hand full of crap that I refuse to screw up into a ball and put in my bag just because the cashier is a thoughtless goon.

I know someone here has a clever method for avoiding this, but I can't remember it.
              I always hand change back in coins and then notes. I also always go and get the door for someone with a child.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I always hand change back in coins and then notes. I also always go and get the door for someone with a child.
                Even when you're on shift in Tesco?
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Even when you're on shift in Tesco?
                  Especially.

Some of these single mums they'll nick anything and hide it in the pram blaming the kid! They can't be trusted.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Women, not content with shopping for themselves, who shop for or with their fellas.
                    It's called the Menswear section for a reason - fook off to your own Womenswear/Cosmetics/Kitchenware section.

People, invariably women, who having queued to be served in a store don't have their payment method ready.
                    As if the cashier asking for payment has come out as a bolt from the blue.

People, invariably women, who once they have paid for their shopping who then take their time putting their change/card and receipt back in their purse/handbag and then taking an age to pack their shopping. Don't mind the rest of us, we'll wait for you to get your sh!t together.

People waiting at traffic lights who seem stunned when they change from red to green and fumble through the junction just in time before they turn red again ensuring they are the only one(s) who get through. Nice - were you born stupid or have you been practicing?

Comment

Posters who have a dino avatar which spends most of last year wiping its feet, then spends this year shouting at me everytime I look at it.

ps Does he do anything else?

Comment

Working...
                      X