• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minor things that really piss you off !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing British Transport Police on packed main-line termini concourses in rush-hour wearing machine guns.

When and how, exactly, will they use such weapons?
    Last edited by RichardCranium; 15 December 2010, 23:17.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Having an itchy scrotum for weeks from sitting at a desk all day and then reading a post by gricerboy about putting talc on your "jollybag" after a shower stops itching and discovering it does indeed stop the itching.

(Thank feck it wasn't thrush after all.)
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

New mums taking the baby in to work.

Comment

People who make multiple forum posts when they could easily have just made one long post
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Finding there isn't a 2nd bottle of wine in the 'fridge, FFS.

Comment

Regarding the "time remaining to copy" function in Windows (as covered by xkcd & NickFitz lately) ... it is not just the time estimate that is wrong; the animation is too.

I have mentioned this before on here.

Watch very closely: as the paper goes from one folder to the other and spins, it also goes from landscape to portrait without any rotation around the appropriate axis to make this happen.

This animation has been re-done many times and yet remains wrong in Windows 386, 3, 3.1, 95, 98, 98SE, ME, NT, 2000 and XP.

I have no idea about Vista or Windows 7, and that suits me just fine.
              Last edited by RichardCranium; 15 December 2010, 23:18.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                Seeing British Transport Police on packed mail-line termini concourses in rush-hour wearing machine guns.

When and how, exactly, will they use said weapon?
                I believe standard operating procedure necessitates having a brazilian electrician with a baggy jacket spreadeagled on the floor first.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The Windows keyboard standards for cut 'n' paste have still not been implemented properly in MS Project when editing the text in a field.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    New mums taking the baby in to work.
                    Ah no, I don't mind that.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

The really useful list of recommended headings for a Project Mandate was taken out of the 2009 edition of PRINCE2.

Comment

Working...
                      X